BONUS | A UNION

Whoa, never thought I'd ever be touching this story again but here we are. I've said it many times and I'll say it again, this is my least favorite work I've ever written but a lot of you seem to love it regardless of all the cringe and disaster. And I appreciate that, so here you go. Merry Christmas! :) 

(also the spongebob gif because that's my mood right now knowing I'm about to have a lot of you shook with this update... even I'm shook that I'm doing this. I just randomly decided to do this like an hour ago.)

another side note: I had to go back and read the epilogue to get a refresher about what went down because honestly, I blocked this story out of my memory, but I am dying of cringe and I realize a lot of you were disappointed in the story and I'm sorry. Please love me still, I tried. 

BONUS | A UNION

EVERYONE KNOWS THAT A MARRIAGE IS AN ACT OF UNION. Especially after going through one rough marriage, Roman would understand that more than anyone else. He knew Eleanor and him weren't right for each other in the end, but now Roman believed he had found the right woman for him. Someone who would be his end... and beginning. 

Of course, he had given Evelina the time she needed to make sure that this, her relationship with Roman, was what she wanted. In fact, Roman wanted her to be so sure that he didn't even pop the question to her until four years after his divorce to Eleanor. He had made sure to allow Evelina plenty of time to grow up and experience life for herself first. But all throughout that, she was adamant that Roman was what she wanted in the end. Now their end together was coming, but only to start their new beginning together as a married couple. And he couldn't be more excited about that. 

When they first got together after Roman's divorce, they were only able to keep their relationship a secret for a couple of months until they decided they didn't want to hide being together anymore. Besides, they both knew they wanted to take things seriously and hiding it wasn't going to help that. At first, Evelina's parents were pissed, to say the least. They were just scared that Roman was using her for his own pleasure and then would break her heart. But after her parents had seen the couple together for over two months, they started to come around to the idea when they noticed how serious it was. Now, four years later, they fully accepted it. 

Roman was content in his life now, probably the most content he's ever been and didn't even realize it until now. He had a healthy relationship with the woman of his dreams and he knew she felt the same way. 

"Are you ready to tie yourself down again, man?" Marco asked as he roughly smacked Roman's back. 

Roman furrowed his brows and regained his composure, adjusting his suit. "Yeah, but now I regret inviting your dumbass to my wedding." 

"Marco, you're going to ruin this wedding," Lachlan stated as he adjusted his own suit. 

"Exactly, that's why Lachlan was asked to be my best man and not you." Roman states with a playful smirk, it then grows into a full-on smile when Marco's jaw drops.

"I'm totally going to object to the wedding and steal Evelina from you. No doubt about it." Marco mumbles out, shaking his head. 

Roman rolls his eyes, not saying anything back, and looks back over at himself one last time in the mirror. Besides noticing how amazing he looks, he notices how happy he looks as well, and that causes a small smile to make its way to his lips.

"Ready?" Lachlan asks, Roman turns back around and nods. His friend's words make him realize how real this all is now.

If you would've told him four years ago he would be marrying Evelina Marino, he would've died from laughter. But now it's happening, and he couldn't be happier about it.