Chapter 6

Michelle woke up early on Saturday morning and made a call to the event organizers who were responsible for decorating the mansion. She also made a call to her restaurant to make sure they were getting everything ready. She asked them to come with the cake and snacks and while at it, the chefs that would be in charge of cooking the meals at the party should join them. She needed them to arrive quickly so they could get everything ready on time.

She went into the bathroom and took a quick shower. When she came out of the bathroom, she noticed that Derek was still asleep with his long hair all over the bed, she couldn't help but smile at how cute he looked while asleep. She got into the closet and picked a black denim shorts with a grey crop top, after that she ran downstairs and headed to the kitchen to make breakfast. She made strawberry pancakes and orange juice for breakfast and took it upstairs to Derek. She entered the room and he was still asleep, she internally groaned and placed his breakfast on the nightstand before leaving the room, quietly shutting the door behind her.

The chefs arrived 20 minutes later with the desserts, ingredients, and utensils for cooking. As soon as they began cooking, Michelle left the kitchen and went back into the room to check on Derek. She noticed that he had already woken up and had his breakfast but he wasn't in the room. Just as she was about to leave the room she saw him come out of the bathroom, he walked towards her and gave her a long kiss then placed his forehead against hers.

"Why did you leave me all alone in bed?" He asked.

"You were sound asleep, I didn't want to wake you up."

"Hmmn,"

"What are you wearing?" Derek asked, now taking a proper look at Michelle.

"Clothes?" She said, more like asked.

"It's too revealing. I don't want anyone seeing you like this."

He left her and walked into the closet. Michelle wondered what he was up to. In less than a minute, he came out of the closet with a shirt in his hand.

"Here. Wear this." He said handing her his black T-shirt.

"Derek!" She exclaimed.

"Don't argue."

She frowned to show her displeasure before wearing the shirt, and then he smiled.

"I enjoyed the breakfast." He told her, placing a kiss on her cheek. She blushed in return and wrapped her arms around his neck.

"I'd love to cuddle with you all day since I have you all to myself today, but... I can't cos I have to go downstairs and make sure everything is ready before Nathan's arrival."

"We can still do that." He said with a smirk.

"Nope," she said stressing her reply. She gently pulled away from his arms and walked out of the room

        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was 2 pm and everything was almost ready. Michelle decided to give her mom a call.

"Hello, Mom,"

"Hello, sweetie,"

"Mom, I was wondering if you could make it to the party?"

"Oh honey, I don't think my presence would be necessary."

"Mom, I need you." Michelle pleaded.

"I know, sweetie, but you have Derek there with you. You'll be fine." Her mom replied.

"Okay," Michelle said in defeat, sad that her mother wouldn't be present at the party.

"I love you, baby. I hope you know that?" Leah asked feeling guilty for refusing Michelle's invitation.