Bumping into the Ex

Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters

Jason Xavier walked down the halls once his class had finished. As he walked down the halls, he saw all his peers move out of the way and avoid him like the plague, which he had gotten used to over the years as his father built the school and allowed kids to join so they could express themselves without fear of being persecuted by the outside world.

While walking on the ground floor, he met up with his only friend and roommate Jean Grey, she was the only person who wasn't afraid of him besides his father and his Uncle Hank. The two walked through the main hall to go outside and practice archery when an old friend that Jason remembered from the Original X-Men and their sibling appeared.

THE Scott Summers walked with his brother Alex Summers, wearing a blindfold for some reason causing him to accidentally bump shoulders with Jean, and unintentionally made her papers go flying out of her arms. Alex was quick to try and grab them but stood straight up when he noticed that the papers were frozen in mid-air before they neatly flew back to the owner's hands.

"Watch where you're going" Scott heard a female voice in his mind say.

"I can't" Scott replied, pointing at the blindfold while Alex looked at his little brother confused.

"Who are you talking to" the older Summers brother asked, while Scott's brows furrowed in confusion.

"Me" Jean answered, alerting Alex of Jean and Jason's presence which caused him to grimace at the nineteen-year-old, whom he had broken up with and left for the war.

"I just heard you in my head" Scott wondered aloud when Jean and Jason looked at one another before looking back at the two siblings.

"She's a telepath. She reads minds like me" Jason informed, before Scott bashfully smiled with a blush at where he heard the teen since he had always liked, and developed a crush on the boy when Alex had introduced him; before suddenly putting a glare on with his rosy cheeks, that was noticeable even through the blindfold.

"Well tell her to stay out of my mind, I don't need some weird girl creeping around in there. You too Jace, I don't need you creeping around in there either. Who knows what you could find in there..." Scott said rather rudely as he mumbled the last sentence, which went undetected by the two mutants in front of him but not his brother. Jason suddenly raised an eyebrow in Alex's direction knowing that Scott wasn't normally this rude.

"I'll tell you later" Alex mentally said, which shook him out of his stupor as Jason nodded

"Don't worry Scott, there's not much to see..." Jean retorted before she and Jason began to walk away from the Summers Duo.

"Hey wait, I didn't tell you my name" commented Scott while Jason looked at the annoyed face of his best friend.

"No, you didn't" Jean confirmed when she and Jason reached the door threshold before Jason ran back to the younger Summers and hugged him tightly.

"It's good to see you again Summers..." he softly said to Scott, while only glancing at the older Summers, before leaving a flustered Scott and a look of longing and hurt on Alex's face, to catch up with his best friend.

"Damn you've definitely grown up, I'-..." Jason heard Alex mentally comment, but his comment was soon lost to the background of the other students' thoughts, as he watched Jason disappear from his visual range.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A little while later, Jean shot her last arrow across the lake hitting the bullseye declaring her the winner of their little competition. They both turned their heads when they heard Jason's dad, Charles Xavier talking to the two new arrivals.