Chapter Fifty-Eight

December 25th, 2019

Sheila

I watched the clock strike seven and all my nerves shot up. Seconds later there was a knock on the door. "I'll get it!" I shouted and was about to roll out of bed when my mate pulled me by the arm back down into the sheets.

    He got up and gave me a look, "stay. I'll get it." I smiled, he was falling into the plan so well. I felt evil for using his kindness against him, though I would make up for it ten-fold soon.

    He opened the door to see a smiling Xion holding a bottle of what looks like to be champagne. "Care for a drink with an old friend?" He waved the bottle in front of Vince's face. "I didn't bring your favorite champagne for nothing."

    Xion is pulling out all the stops today. Though Vince looked back at me with a worried expression, "Xion... I can't," he looked back to Xion. "My mate is injured and needs help."

     "I'm just going to be laying in bed. Go have fun!" No seriously, get out of here. Love you lots, but are things this woman needs to get to.

     "But what if—"

     "Its not like I'll be getting out of the bed anytime soon. Unless you have some sort of bed monster, I'll be fine." I have him a reassuring smile. Go have fun with your friend. I feel bad for having you around me all the time.

    He gave me a concerned look one last time, before looking back at Xion who raised the campaign glass with an excited look on his face. "Come on. Let's get wasted." Xion was the first to disappear down the hall.

    "We are not getting wasted!" Zaivinth shouted after Xion. Then he put a hand on the door knob, looking back at me. "I love you," my heart fluttered at the words.

    "I love you too." Then he closed the door. The second later I jumped out of bed and landed face first onto the ground, again. "Gods, I need to get used to this," I push myself up and grab at the nearest wall. I slowly made my way to our closet.

    I got dressed in my warm layer when I heard a knock on the door. "Coming!" I shouted as I strap on my sword and shield, and tied up my boots. I grabbed at the drawers and pulled myself up. I waddled over to the door and opened it. "I'm sorry for the wait." I said with a sheepish smile, "I don't move as fast as I used too..."

    The red-head smiled, "no worries," and that was it. Not much of a talker, or maybe she didn't like me.

    "Ah, um, I'm Sheila, thank you for coming with me today." She held out an arm and I grabbed at it. Maybe she did like me?

    "I'm Atwood," she looked down at me with a smile, she was still in her armor, the same ones I saw on that cloudy day a long time ago. She had this overpowering aura, the same one that Weni and Ross had. I felt safe when I was with her.

"Atwood? What a pretty name," the name Atwood means protector of the forest. "Your parents must've had a brilliant plan for you, not everyone can live up to the goddess' name that symbolizes protection and fortune."

    "What if I told you I was the Goddess of protection and fortune?" She looked down at me, her face filled with worry though a spark of excitement. She had the most lovely green eyes.

    "I'd believe you," we made it outside the castle. "You don't seem like someone who lies," I looked back at her and smiled. "Though the name Sheila means blind one," I chuckled, "so I guess I'm probably wrong."

    "The name Sheila means Heavenly," she places a hand on my head. "Which stands for a heavenly creature," she smiled softly down at me. "I think you fit that description very well."