Chapter 10: New Family

Merry Christmas! I am so sad that it's almost over! I hope everyone had a wonderful day! New Years is just around the corner and we are going to be in 2020 before you know it! Without further adieu, I hope you enjoy this chapter! It's unedited content so sorry for an grammar errors or any other weird stuff.

Let's get right into it!!!

Misako's POV:

I was washing lettuce in the sink to make a salad when I heard my apartment door close with a click and a pair of feet walking down the hall. "Hey Lloyd! I am just starting to make lunch, how was your trip?"

When I didn't get a response, I set down the lettuce with a sigh and then I walked out to the apartment landing. There Lloyd stood with a shorter h/c haired female. The girls e/c eyes reflected the dull light as she stared at the floor, hand in hand with my son.

"You must be Y/N!" I smiled widely.

"H-how did you know?" The girl asked, a sparkle of shock bounced around the dullness in her eyes.

I laughed at the girl's shock, "Well I don't think anyone else would have oh so gorgeous e/c eyes, and beautiful h/l h/c hair! Who else could I have heard so much about from my son!"

My son's face blew up in a wave of red as he recalled the countless conversations he had with me about the said girl from school while the girls cheeks tinted a rosy color pink as she registered what I was talking about.

I held out my hand for her to shake, "I'm Lloyd's mother, you can call me Misako though!"

She took my hand and shook it, "I'm Y/N mam, I am um- I'm Lloyd's girlfriend"

My son has a girlfriend?

I looked over at Lloyd with an eyebrow raised as he held his head down to cover the obvious blush that was widely spreading across his face and the small smile that had appeared too.

My son has a girlfriend...

MY SON HAS A GIRLFRIEND!!!

I turned back to Y/N and retained my composure though a bigger smile made it's way across my face, "It's wonderful knowing that my son has finally met someone, other than his friends of course, who treat him like a normal human being despite his father! I trust my son in his actions and words so I'm going to trust you too!"

Y/N smiled at me saying a small thank you to which I happily waved her off saying it was no big deal, "Now, I am making a salad, would you care to join us for lunch?"

"I would love that" Y/N said, her e/c eyes expressing a sort of sadness while my son's eyes also dimmed in the light giving off a tense vibe.

While both the teenagers sat around our small, circular table I finished mixing the salad. I got three bowls out from one of the cabinets and placed a some of the greens in each bowl, adding dressing a croutons when I was satisfied with the amount in each bowl.

I picked up two bowls and brought them over to the two teens who were whispering quietly among themselves, Lloyd held Y/N's hand underneath the table. He rubbed small circles of comfort on the back of her hand as if to relieve stress that had built up in her.

I smiled at the two as memories of me and Garmadon as young teenagers flashed through my mind.

I set down the two bowls and went to get my salad bowl which was resting on the kitchen counter. I picked up the bowl and sat down on the opposite side of the table from Lloyd and Y/N.