The Search

・・・ ・・・
CHAPTER TWO : THE SEARCH
・・・ ・・・

     "WILL!" MIKE YELLED OUT IN the pouring rain

     "WILL!" MIKE YELLED OUT IN the pouring rain. The rest of the party was out & looking for their lost friend. The rain pelted the boys as they were drenched by now, "Will!"

     "Byers!" Lucas called out. They all held flash lights and raincoats were on their backs, trying to protect them from the heavy downpour in Hawkins, Indiana that night.

     Dustin was the next to yell, "I've got your X-Men 134!" They all trudged through the dark forest that was now muddy and wet, "guys, I really think we should turn back."

     "Seriously Dustin?" Lucas asked in an aggravated, yet exhausted tone, "you want to be a baby, then go home already!"

     "I'm just being realistic, Lucas!"

     "No, you're just being a big sissy!"

     Dustin dropped the topic and let his brain wonder to a new, even darker one. "Do you ever think that will went missing because he ran into something bad? And we're going to the exact same spot where he was last seen? And we have no weapons or anything?"

     "Dustin, shut up," Mike spoke.

     "I'm just saying, does that seem smart to you?"

     "Shut up, shut up," Mike stuck his hand out to let the boys behind him know to stop. "Did you guys hear that?" the boys stood still for a couple seconds until something moved behind them and they all whipped around. They turned around once more and were met with two girls. They were soaking wet just as they were, but instead of rain jackets and rain boots and gloves and hats like they were in, the girls were dressed in tee shirts and one didn't even have pants.

     The boys looked in awe at the girls, wondering what they were doing out here. Mike had to make a decision. 

・・・ ・・・

     Back at the Wheeler house, the two girls sat on the couch down in Mike's basement. "Is there a number we can call for your parents?" he asked, "are you guys sisters?"

     "Where's your hair? Do you have cancer?" Dustin asked as his eyes were widening.

     "Did you run away?" Lucas asked as the girls looked at the boys in front of them.

     "Are you in some kind of trouble?" the leader asked again.

     "Is that blood?" Lucas went to touch 011's shirt, but Mike swiftly smacked it away.

     "Stop it! You're freaking them out!" he said to his friend.

     "Well they're freaking me out!" Lucas said in defense. The girls watched them bicker as 004 looked around the room. It was warm where they were and even the atrocious covers on the couch they sat on were very, well, original, it was way more comfortable than what she had ever had back in the lab.