11. The Act

[Playing huh...]

[Were you not playing a moment ago?] The king looked at Vlad with his eyebrows raised.

Without waiting anymore, Vlad interrupted and ordered, "Bring the prince here."

Some widened their eyes and some gasped. The king was clearly in the middle of talking! They looked at the king and their jaws dropped. The king was smiling gently!

They knew that when the king was angry like that, no one would dare get in his way. He has always killed them without mercy if they dare oppose him!

[Oh hell, I've witnessed something horrifying! What if I die because of this?!] Thought many demons in the rooms. They looked at the sky pretending to see nothing as invisible tears fell from their eyes.

The prince was brought up. He looked up timidly before bowing his head again. At this moment of time, everyone thought that this prince really had no backbone. However, Vlad has another thought about the prince.

"What's your name?" Smiled Vlad gently.

The prince opened his mouth and no words came out. His eyes sifting side by side before trying to speak again, "M-my name is F-Fino Adrasteia."

Seeing this, Vlad smirked. On his lips held a fake smile, his chin was lifted as he looked at the prince with glee. All in all, Vlad's expression at this moment could be described as arrogant. He was 'arrogantly' looking at the prince but his innocent and baby face made him look more charming rather than arrogant.

The king looked at Vlad with amazement. Knowing the baby for the first year of his life, it was the first time he had seen Vlad with this kind of expression. Just as he was about to say something, Vlad had suddenly burst out laughing.

His laughter echoed in the silent room. Vlad's lips had raised up, his crimson eyes covered by tears. From his mouth sounded a gentle laugh, a laugh like the song of the birds. No one knew at this moment why he had laughed. Everyone was dumbfounded. Even the prince had his mouth open.

"I'm very sorry for my rude response." Vlad tried to stop laughing as his hands began wiping the tears beside his eyes.

The king looked at Vlad amused. "Why did you laugh?"

"Right, thinking about it makes me want to laugh. You said your name was Fino, correct?" Vlad confirmed with the prince before continuing, "Well prince Fino, I must say, your act was simply the best of the best."

Fino looked at Vlad with livid face. The colour from his cheeks were drained, his face began to look pale. With stuttered words he asked, "I-I'm not sure what you're talking about...."