17 | THE HEART ATTACK

//

Nova had just been preparing to go to bed early when she heard the commotion. Charlie was out with a couple of friends for a drink, leaving Nova and Bella home alone. A few days had passed since the white-haired girl had managed to get a reply from Jasper. He still hadn't answered if they would be returning to Forks or not, but the two sisters were hopeful for the Cullen's return.

Nova was dressed in her pajamas; a pair of loose basketball shorts and a large t-shirt. She was just about to climb into bed and fall asleep, but then she heard Bella shrieking from her bedroom.

Nova's heart skipped a beat in fear as she jumped, startled. She didn't hesitate to race towards Bella's room, expecting an intruder or murderer of some sort. It felt like a panicked eternity before she reached her sister's room, the door closed shut.

The white-haired girl barged in without hesitation, ready for a fight, ready to save Bella, ready to-

"What the actual shit waffles?"

Instead of an intruder in Bella's bedroom, there was a young man who looked almost translucent from the nearby moonlight streaming through the open window. He had dark blond hair, golden eyes, porcelain skin, and perfect, flawless features. His arms were wrapped around Bella, hugging her like some sort of heartfelt reunion.

Bella didn't look to be in need of saving at all. The girl was clutching tight to the young man, arms secured around him and eyes shut contently. When Nova spoke, her eyes snapped open.

The boy cleared his throat, reluctantly releasing Bella. "You must be Nova," he murmured.

"You must be Edweirdo," Nova retorted. "Also known as the dick weasel who crept into our house!"

Bella flushed, looking sheepish. "Nova!" she hissed.

"Oh, like it's not true," Nova scoffed. "Anyways, heart attacks aside, does this mean you and your family are back in Forks?"

Edward nodded, looking a bit taken aback by her persona. Despite this, a knowing look still crossed his face at her question. "Yes. Jasper would come see you, but he's a little... difficult to control around human blood, let alone his mate."

Nova frowned, a pang of disappointment striking her. "So when will I be able to see him?"

Edward looked sympathetic. "I don't know."

Nova suddenly felt a wave of sorrow crash over her. She wanted to see Jasper, to hug him like how Bella and Edward hugged. But she couldn't. Not yet, at least. How long would it take for Jasper to gain control over himself? Would Nova ever be able to see him while she was still human?

"Alice has a plan," Edward spoke up. Nova blanched as she recalled Bella telling her how Edward could read thoughts. "She'll explain it when she comes over tomorrow, if you'd like."

"Okay," Nova agreed. She hesitated, then mumbled, "Well, guess I'll leave you guys alone. No more giving me heart attacks, alright?"

Edward's lips twitched into an unashamed smile. "Sure," he replied vaguely and unconvincingly.

Nova left the room, making sure to shut the door all the way to lessen any chance of her overhearing them. She returned to her own bedroom, heart aching in her chest.

She wanted Jasper.

//

[Nova] ur back in forks huh?

[Jasper] Yes. I was going to tell you, but Edward insisted on surprising you and Bella.

[Nova] ah
[Nova] so edweirdo told me we cant meet just yet bc of ur blood thirst
[Nova] and alice apparently has a plan
[Nova] just know this; i'm powering up a hug to give u

[Jasper] I'd love to meet you in real life, Nova. I can't wait. But we need to be careful. My senses are extremely enhanced. We'll need to keep track of where we are at all times so I don't get too close.

[Nova] yeah, ok
[Nova] how enhanced are ur senses??

[Jasper] I could smell you from the forest.

[Nova] wELL THEN
[Nova] omg wait can u hear me???

[Jasper] From where I'm standing, yes.

[Nova] i
[Nova] omg
[Nova] ok im going to bed now but one more thing

[Jasper] Yes?

[Nova] if u ever sneak thru my window, i will flip my shit

[Jasper] Noted.

//

AUTHOR'S NOTE: so,,, its been a long while and this chapter is suuuper short and crappy, but i finally managed to write it after debating on a plot. i'm gonna try ending this story after a few more chapters. 

Merry Christmas!

//