Chapter 38

Third Person's View

Luna woke up the next day feeling a lot better than she had been for the past weeks. She couldn't help but feel a bit glad about being able to sleep properly for the first time in a while.

She turned her head to the side and saw Jackson's sleeping face. He had a peaceful and adorable face when he sleeps and had Luna's heart go soft in a matter of seconds.

She smiled softly before brushing his hair out of his face and kissed his forehead. She carefully got up, not wanting to wake him up. Luna opened the door and walked down the hallway towards her room, she went to the bathroom to do her business.

After showering and changing clothes, she head to Jackson's room again only to see him still sleeping soundly. She decided to leave him alone and went downstairs to make breakfast for him and her parents. But she was sure her parents were up by now, considering the fact that they've always wake up early.

Alfie and Vera ran towards her when she got to the last step of the stairs, she giggled and pet them.

"Morning, babies." She whispered and kneeled down to ruffle their fur. They each barked and sat in front of her. She kissed their foreheads each and smiled at them.

Luna stood up and walked towards the kitchen. Her mother was already preparing coffee and her father was making breakfast.

"Morning." Luna said before taking a seat at the stool by the kitchen counter. Both of her parents turned around, surprised.

"Oh, you're awake. That's rare, did you sleep well?" Sierra placed a mug of coffee in front of her daughter and pat her head.

"Yeah." She said, taking a sip from her coffee.

"And where's your boyfriend?" Her father spoke up, turning around to place a plate of eggs and bacon in front of her.

"Sleeping." She replied shortly, making her parents turn to look at her, blinking.

Sierra pulled Eric towards her making him almost dropping the pan. He almost scowled at the sudden move but stopped when he saw the worrisome look on his wife's face.

"I think there's something wrong." She whispered at him, glancing at Luna who was quietly eating her breakfast and secretly feeding Alfie and Vera the bacon.

"Ask her about it then." He whispered back, moving slightly to get comfortable because of the height difference between them.

"Okay, why don't you go wake Jackson up for breakfast?"

"Sure, I'm gonna go wake my daughter's boyfriend. How fun." He sarcastically said but jokingly because he didn't have any problem with Jackson. Don't get him wrong, it was just in his nature to be sarcastic.

"Don't start now." Sierra narrowed her eyes at him which made him smile innocently.

Both of them stood up straight before clearing their throats which made Luna look at them questioningly.

"Uhm, I'll go wake Jackson up for breakfast." He flashed Luna a smile while taking off his apron and walked out of the kitchen before she could utter another word.

Luna was about to ask her mother about what just happened but she was surprised to see that her mother had already sat beside her, smiling at her.

"Okay, what is it?" Luna asked before wiping her lips with a tissue and faced her mother fully.

"I wanted to ask, is something up?" Sierra asked softly, her motherly side was coming out and Luna's eyes soften.

"Nothing, mom. Don't worry, everything's alright." She said, looking down. She wasn't sure why she was feeling restless, but she was sure it wasn't something bad.