Chapter 1: Baby

Song recommendation: Violent Crimes by Kanye West "Don't you grow up in a hurry, your mom'll be worried"

     Sage Baglio was more than just what her father wanted her to be and if she was sure of anything it was that. She understood why he was hard on her but it still made her feel incredibly trapped and bored. The early curfew, rules about boys, and mandatory tutoring sessions even though she brought home mostly A's and B's at the age of 17. Thoughts like these ran all through her mind as she stared up at the ceiling fan in her room. Today was the first day she felt she had her own say in her future and unsurprisingly, Mr. Baglio did not want to hear it because what she said didn't coincide with what he believed Sage should do with her life.

     It was more than just the strict rules that irked her but the fact that she felt she would be controlled for the rest of her life, never even free no matter how old she got. The thoughts of living someone else's plan for her scared her more than anything. Often, she'd long to see the world that her dad successfully shut out from her. She no longer cared that he could provide everything she could ever need or want, the expensive penthouse, the private school or getting into the top universities in the country off the strength of his name, she wanted--no she needed more.

     A loud buzz came from the small iPhone on the edge of her desk by the window, Sage already knew who caused the notification. She swiped the phone open and stared at the message from her best friend Ella reading: "Have you decided?"

    Ella Paisley and Sage knew each other since sandbox and animal cracker days, they knew just about everything that had to do with one another and wouldn't want to change it for the world. They were comfortable and never had those weird changes that longtime friends tend to experience. When you see one, you see the other and that's just how they wanted it to be forever. Ella was the more outgoing one that made all the friends for the both of them and other connections having to do with socializing and people, while Sage would tend to ground them and evaluate and analyze any situation they'd be in. They had an unspoken system that the girls were content with.

     But right now, Sage was going against her better judgement for once when she entertained Ella's idea of pre-gaming for a club for the first time ever. She knew she would have to leave when her dad was busy with his business calls or fast asleep in the office. Eventually her mother would eventually drag him out of there to sleep in their master bedroom. Before second guessing herself she replies: "I'm all in!"

***

     Sage peeked through the crack of her parents large bedroom door, scanning the king sized bed that had her mother and father cuddled in. After all these years, they still went to bed with each other every night except when he was away on a business trip. Donati Bagglio was a hardworking man but he never let that make him stray away from his home life, both his daughter and his wife Ezra were important to him, more important than anyone in his life besides his mother. He worked very hard to build his authentic Italian-American wine business to provide a very luxurious lifestyle for his family. All he asks is that they follow his strict rules to ensure Sage makes it. He knew his baby girl didn't quite grasp the bigger picture outside of what he deemed silly and temporary teenage bullshit he believed she wanted to partake in, but he hoped one day she will.

    In this moment, Sage confirmed her parents were really asleep by listening a bit closer to their steady breaths and snores. Her mother's sepia brown skin was exposed as all she had on was a silk night gown, while her dad was shirtless on top of her snoring the loudest. "Good," Sage whispered to herself and fled outside in her club attire to meet Ella.

***

     Ella's dirty blond hair was teased into a messy ponytail to frame her heart shaped face, she was perfectly clad in a tight white dress and nude red bottoms. Sage on the other hand paired a black leather skirt and a matching cropped leather bustier top from Miu Miu. Designer was clearly nothing to these wealthy girls as they wore it on a daily basis.