Chapter Twenty One-"Did you get frisky with him?"

~Dedicated to those rare mornings you wake up with a smile~

Chapter Twenty-One "Did you get frisky with him?"

I awoke to sunlight pouring down against my face. I yawned, rubbing my sleepy eyes before shifting slightly and that’s when I stopped. My whole body went still when I heard the faint sounds of deep breathing behind me and the weight of what felt like an arm draped around my waist. Biting my lower lip nervously, I slowly rolled onto my back and looked to my side only to come face to face with a sleeping Sean. My blue eyes widened slightly and I had to bite back a gasp that threatened to evolve into a scream.

Okay Viv, no need to panic. You just woke up next to a sexy Greek God of a bad boy, I mean; every girl has done it before so why not join the crowd? I don’t know, maybe because you could end up pregnant and then the next moment your mother’s disappointed in you but because you think you’re better than her, you decline her help for the baby and end up moving in with your jobless boyfriend and then he dumps you to become a rock star and you’re living in a ditch and feeding off scrap hot dogs-

“Morning,” a sleepy Sean greeted.

I snapped out of my thoughts, my eyes locking with his and I did the stupidest thing ever. I smiled at him and no it wasn’t the whole, ‘We’re best friends’ smile, no the ‘I think I like-like you’ smile. Sean returned the smile before leaning closer, his face not even a hairline’s breadth away from mine. I gulped silently; cursing as my eyes drifted towards his soft, inviting lips. And then, mustering up all the willpower I had; and you know, reminding myself about Dave, I pulled away reluctantly.

Sean’s eyes dimmed slightly with an emotion I couldn’t decipher before he placed a lopsided grin onto his lips and spoke, “You look like a bus hit you.”

I rolled my eyes but couldn’t help the amusement that entered my voice, “As if you’re any better?”

“Of course I am,” Sean countered with a smirk then rolled over to his back.

For a moment we just laid there on the double bed, staring at the white ceiling with a small chandelier placed in the centre. Slowly my gaze drifted around the room and for the first time I realised that we weren’t in the shared room of Juliet’s and mine. There was a large dresser placed against the wall directly from the bed and to the right was a large window which the sun seemed to enjoy streaming through. The floor was scattered with the masks we had worn the previous night and cheap wrappers which suddenly brought back the memories of eating take-out after we had left the small gig.

Suddenly, my eyes flew to my body, still covered in the dark dress and semi-covered by the heavy duvets from the bed. I groaned, feeling my body aching as I shifted slightly and felt every bit of the corset digging into my torso. I let my hand run through my hair but gave up the attempt when it proved to be futile. There was no way I was going to be able to get rid of those knots without the help of a brush and maybe a few pairs of pliers. Then, with a soft sigh, my eyes fell onto Sean who was staring intently at the ceiling.

“Sean?” I called.

He turned to me, his hazel eyes connecting with mine as he smiled and replied, “Yeah Lanter?”

“About last night,” I began but stopped when Sean let his finger tuck a loose strand behind my ear.

My breathing hitched slightly and I closed my eyes, biting back a sigh I instinctively inched closer towards him. I didn’t dare open my eyes in fear of waking up to the reality of the situation. I didn’t want to be Vivienne the geek, the girl who always did the right thing and cared way too much about how others saw her. I didn’t want to be the girl who had a boyfriend who was probably contemplating breaking up with her because she was a lousy girlfriend and for the love of all things warm and sunny, could not seem to stop her feelings for a certain bad boy. I just wanted to be me, the sort of embarrassing and nerdy girl who just had fun with what she did.