Chapter 2: Earth's Beauty (Remastered)

Steven's POV

After a day of waiting, nothing has changed in the state of the Gem Slayer's receded form. Everything's been quiet and tense ever since the Gem was here. Even the Gems had their guard up since his arrival, I mean, what's the big hassle about him? Yeah, he looks dangerous and he's going to do a lot of things to finish his task, but...the look in his eyes...he was in pain...so much pain.

Pearl then sat beside me and Amethyst lay herself just a few inches away from the Gem. She groaned and she said;

Amethyst: Ugh...this dude is taking too long! Is he even trying to reform?!

Pearl: Be patient Amethyst, some gems require time to perfect their form unlike you. But...but this is a good thing... considering it's him.

Amethyst: Alright Pearl, geez. What's the big deal about him? I mean, he seems cool? Albeit the fact that he DID try to kill us when we first made contact, but still, he looks cool.

Pearl: Right, I forgot that you didn't get to learn Basic Orientation back in Homeworld. Well, I guess little old me will have to explain;

Pearl cleared her throat to talk, then a projection of the Gem, Painite was shown in front of us.

Pearl: This, is Painite. The Gem Slayer. He represents the Power, Might, Determination, and above all, Rage of the Gemkind. He singlehandedly won the Great Reclaim in just mere 8 months. For...for a lack of a better word, he's a Warmonger. After the Berserk Incident 6,000 years ago, he's...become more distant.

Steven: Why? Did he do something wrong?

Pearl: ...A lot of things...yes. But...he was, let's just say, mistreated, by the common folk. Though, he didn't care for what they say or think about him, but something else made him snap. We....we don't know what made him lash out. He's...he's what you call, in Earth Terms, The Angel of Death.

Steven: I don't get it, what did he do?

Pearl: It's...let's not go there, okay? He wouldn't want you hearing what he did... especially to other Gems...

Then, just in time, the gem on the table started glowing. Me and the other gems backed away from the Gem, and Pearl pulled me in behind her in a defensive manner. Pearl summoned her spear, Amethyst her whip, and Garnet her gauntlets.

Garnet: Whatever comes out of that...thing! Never falter, even if we are facing him head on!

I summoned my shield just in case, and a few seconds of the Gem floating mid air, a silhouette of the Gem Slayer showed itself, and his wings spread out like a soaring eagle would, he opened his eyes, and it was the same bloodshot red eyes that struck fear into the hearts of many people he has faced, and will face. This is the first time seeing those eyes, but...why does it feel like I've seen them many times before?

Before we could make a move, the Gem Slayer immediately flew towards us, and he started flying towards me, in a threatening way. Oh poo.

Your POV

I reverted back to my physical form, and I looked down in front of me to see the same Rebels who managed to stop me, that even the strongest of the Praetorian Guards are never able to do, I say that they're lucky since I WAS being an underestimating prick. But none of that matters now, what matters, is that fleshbag behind them, the Half-Breed. If I hold him hostage, that's what will make them talk.

Then, with haste, I immediately flew after the Half-Breed, and I pushed the rebels who were guarding him away and I grabbed him by the shirt. I immediately used War Smith and summoned a sword and pointed it at his neck.