Chapter 3: Reigniting an Old Flame (Lemon) [Under Heavy Editing]

Warning: You are about to read 18+ Content. If you are a minor, or this isn't your cup of tea, I advise you to skip the chapter. 

Your POV

A few days have passed, and things have died down now. I have become...well, I can't say acquainted just yet, for they still don't trust me, but Steven does. We're currently watching a program in this so called...Television, TV for short. The program is...strange...to say the least. 

The damned thing is about all sorts of food, crying and...all of them hug in the end... In all honesty, the crying is damn obnoxious and annoying...but I can't tell him that. 

Y/N: This is what you like to watch?

Steven: Yep! 

Y/N: ..I failed to see how this is appealing to...anyone at all. I fail to grasp the concept of food, crying and...hugging one another? 

Steven: Oh, that's fine! Not everyone appreciates art like I do! 

Y/N: Indeed... (This is far from art, but I guess that's how you see it, so you do you...)

Steven: Wanna watch something else? Action movies? Horror movies? Or do you like to watch stuff like sword-fighting and whatnot?

Y/N: That would be a bad idea...

Steven: Why is that? 

Y/N: ...Action movies, would be something that reminds of the very thing I tried to get away from: Violence. Horror movies are just boring for me, I apologize. Sword-fighting, any sort of stuff that's similar to it are...just gonna make bad memories pop back in my head...that's why I sometimes stick to meditating.

Steven: Oh...s-sorry...

Y/N: Do not worry, it's not your fault...if anything, it's mine... 

Me and Steven fell silent, as the sound of crying is heard from the TV. 

Steven: By the way, I have to ask you something?

Y/N: Ask away.

Steven: Have you and Pearl met before? 

Y/N: ...Not that I remember. Most people I know are...terrified of me, or wants to kill me...and some of them, are either MIA or KIA.

Steven: Oh... What does KIA and MIA mean? 

Y/N: Killed In Action and Missing In Action. 

Steven: Oh... 

Y/N: Just... To put it simply, I have never met Pearl before...I never even met a Pearl that's called a Pearl, they all have designated serial numbers, codenames, even nicknames derived from their variant as a Pearl. Which makes me remember, what kind of Pearl is...well, Pearl?

Steven: What do you mean? She's just...Pearl. The only reason I asked is because she's been...acting kinda weird every time you're in her line of sight. 

Y/N: ...I see...thank you, Steven. 

I started hearing footsteps coming up the stairs, and then I see Pearl emerge from the stairs. 

Pearl: Steven? Jamie's at the mailbox, he's looking for you.

Steven: gasp It's here! 

Steven stands up and bolts towards the door. I heard the door slam shut, and I just...silently looked at Pearl, and she just stood there, looking at me as well...silently and menacingly if I say so myself... 

Pearl: So it seems Steven has told you that I have been...well, you know what he said. 

Y/N: I do... Trust me, I get why you're terrified.