Chapter 26. The Alpha Meeting

As the Alphas started arriving I grew more and more anxious, Michael however was the picture of calm and confidence. I stood close to him when greeting the Alphas, hoping his confidence would rub off on me.

Michael repeatedly introduced me as his mate, and repeatedly the alphas would look surprised. Most seemed to share Alpha Alan's opinion of 'only weak wolves have humans as mates.' If they only knew. I took solace in the fact that one day they would know.

There was one Alpha though that did not sit well with me. It was Alpha Jackson. He had taken over my father's old pack. When he walked into the previously loud hall, it died down to a low murmur.

The man was tall with broad shoulders. He had black hair with nearly black eyes. He seemed harsh and scary. I hid behind Michael a bit more. Michael introduced me. Surprisingly Alpha Jackson reached out his hand to shake mine after Michael's.

I was hesitant but it would seem rude. So I put my hand in his. His eyes seemed to almost glaze over, similar to when mindlinking. I let go and his eyes when back to normal. Weird. But now he was sporting a very intimidating and creepy grin.

A man who looked similar to Alpha Jackson stepped up to his side looking bored. Alpha Jackson didn't drop his creepy smile as he introduced the man.

"This is my son, future Alpha Reed." Alpha Jackson introduced, putting a strange emphasis on 'son.'

Reed looked like he was bored out of his mind. He was a younger carbon copy of his father but with much softer brown eyes. I don't know what it was about him, but I felt connected to him, like I knew him. I shrugged it off and offered a nice smile. He just nodded his head and followed his father into the hall. Alpha Jackson still held the creepy smile on his face.

Well that was creepy. I said to Lilith, since I couldn't talk anyone else about it yet.

No kidding, she replied, there is something about that boy though... I just don't know... be very wary around them. I have a bad feeling and you should stick with our mate.

I silently agreed before turning my attention back to Michael. He seemed uneasy about the whole exchange as well but hopefully it would all soon be behind us.

Michael had a grand table set up for the occasion, the Alpha's and whoever their plus one (most brought either the Luna or beta of their pack) would all fit at one table. There were 14 packs in total represented. There are 20 packs in total but the other six were on other continents and excused from the meeting.

There was a rumor that the council was going to make an appearance, but none had shown up so far thankfully.

Everyone dined and the mood was considerably cheerful. No one spoke to alpha Jackson though and he only spoke to Reed, but didn't do that much either. The meeting was to be held in the morning so everyone retired to their appointed rooms.

I let out a sigh while everyone was filing out to their rooms and Michael hugged my shoulders. First part was over, all the was left was the actual meeting then everyone would leave. The meeting was set for 8:00 in the morning and would happen in the same room as we had dined in.

As I'm not officially the Luna I was not going to be able to attend. I didn't mind though, I didn't want to admit it but I was very intimidated by Alpha Jackson and didn't want to be near him.

I didn't think I'd be able to sleep but as soon as Michael cuddled up to me my worries disappeared. I ended up getting a mostly good nights sleep, until my old nightmare about my parents leaving popped into my brain.

I woke with a start. Crying. Michael wasn't with me, which explains the nightmare. I let myself cry for a moment before getting into the shower. I took my time. Hoping the meeting would be over, and Michael would be back, before I finished.