draco malfoy : ties

(Y/N) quickly entered the Great Hall, hands wrapped tightly about the strap of her messenger bag. She made her way up the Gryffindor table, finding the Golden Trio and her other friends, before taking a seat next to Ron and Neville - who notably had slid over to make room for her.

"Well good morning to you too." Hermione joked from across the table, a book sprawled out in front of her, next to her breakfast plate.

(Y/N) shot a glare across the table, pulling her messenger bag off her shoulder and dropping it down behind her. "I over slept." Her voice soft, shrugging casually as she began filling her plate.

She kept her head down in attempt to keep the attention of the conversation off of herself and her late arrival. (Y/N) didn't want to make up yet another lie to tell her friends regarding her whereabouts. For months now she had been lying to them on a daily basis. She figured it was either that or tell them that the reason she was sneaking off constantly, nowhere to be found for hours and late to breakfast was because she had been with Draco.

As if on cue Draco entered the Great Hall, his demeanor the same as always. His face pulled up in a smirk, bag slug over one shoulder and chin to the ceiling. The whole Slytherin table seemed to address him as he passed by, making his way to his group of delinquents and few friends.

The second Draco dropped into his normal seat between Theodore and Blaise he heard Pansy begin speaking to him, not that Draco was paying attention to in whiny voice. She leaned across the table to reach for his fingers, noticing the unamused look across his face, but he quickly shook her free. Draco rolled his eyes at her pout before taking hold of a muffin from Blaise's plate.

(Y/N) seemed to drift away as the conversation shifted to the topic of the up coming Quiddtich match. She could hear Fred and George butting in from just down the table, teasing Oliver about how they could take down the Hufflepuffs without a keeper or a seeker. However most of the conversation seemed to become background noise to her.

Truth was (Y/N) loved Quidditch, and was usually very involved in ground conversations around the topic. But she found it extremely hard to concentrate as she heard Pansys voice from across the Great Hall. (Y/N) winced as she watched Pansy's hand take hold of Draco's. She knew she had no reason to feel jealous, they were only sleeping together, but something about seeing Draco's hand wrapped in Pansys made her sick.

"(Y/N)." Harry's voice cut into her trance, drawing (Y/N)'s attention back to the group. She then noticed that everyone that had been involved in the conversation was now staring at her as if she had three heads.

She blinked at them, "Sorry, what, I missed something?" (Y/N) asked, glancing around at her house mate with a soft smile.

"No but I think we might have." Fred said, a smirk plastered across his face and a teasing tone in her voice. George shared a soft chuckle with his twin.

(Y/N) glanced around at her friends in confusion, unable to read their faces. Harry and Ron both looked as if they were preparing to start a fight with someone. While Hermione, Neville and Ginny all shared a look of sympathy. The different reactions and lack of knowledge of the previous conversation made it very difficult for (Y/N) to piece together the situation.

"(Y/N)." A voice from behind her said, a familiar one that ran a cold shiver up her spine. (Y/N) turned to see none other than Draco Malfoy standing above her, his signature grin across his face, and a maroon and gold tie in his hands. "I think there might have been a slight mix up this morning when you left." He told her, motioning towards her own tie.

Now (Y/N) glanced down, her fingers skimming over the tie she wore. Instead of her own house colors there hung a tie striped with emerald and silver. A deep blush ran across (Y/N)'s face as she realized her mistake. She looked over at her friends, who still wore the same looks as before, realizing that they had noticed the tie before she had.

"Oh." (Y/N) laughed, attempting to lighten the situation, and stood up next to Draco. She made quick work pulling the tie off, "Sorry." (Y/N) apologized to Draco, figuring he might be mad that such an innocent mistake had now exposed their little secret.

Draco chuckled, taking his own tie back and slipping hers over her head, "No worries at all." He then shoved his own tie into the back pocket of his school trousers. "I'll see you later?" Draco asked, taking hold of her hand and swaying it casually with his own.

(Y/N) nodded, "Yeah for sure." She told him, a smile growing on her embarrassed face.

"Perfect, I'll meet you after Divinations?" He asked her, still not looking over at her friends.

"Yes Draco." (Y/N) responded, dropping his hand and shoving his chest lightly, "Now go you're making a scene." She told him lightly, chuckling at the situation to herself.

Draco laughed in response, falling back lightly as she shoved him. "Fine." He told her dramatically, throwing his hands up in the air. Draco then ducked his head to brush his lips against the spade between her cheek and her lips, his lips lingering just a moment to long before pulling away with a smirk. "See you later." Before he slid away from her, not once looking at the Gryffindor table.

As Draco walked away from her, (Y/N) could feel her house turn to look at her. She sheepishly took her seat once again at the table, beginning to eat her breakfast as her friends all stared at her.

"Malfoy?" Hermione asked first, breaking the silence. She sounded more shocked than disappointed, "I mean I knew you were sneaking around with someone but - Malfoy?" She asked again.

(Y/N) sighed, knowing that Hermione wasn't going to be the only person who had something to say.

"I know alright!" (Y/N) told them, throwing her own hands up in defense. "I know you all think that he's absolutely vile and that he's a Slytherin of all houses." The sentence sounded as if there was a second half coming, but (Y/N) wasn't sure what she was going to say in her own defense.

"That's because he is." Ron interjected, throwing his hands up.

"Ron." Ginny and Hermione chastised him, both understanding what it is like to have feelings for someone their friends didn't approve of. "(Y/N) it doesn't matter what we think, it matters what you think and how he treats you." Ginny told her, glaring at both Ron and Harry, who still had displeased faces.

(Y/N) grinned, looking past Harry to see Draco throwing his head back to laugh, her heart gushed. "He's actually quite wonderful." She informed them, waving across the Great Hall at Draco.

He returned her wave, smiling across the hall of students.

~~~~~~~
a/n
word count: 1224

i'm not really sure how i feel about this one lmk what you think