FOUR

"What does the father say?" Matteo asked more or less spat.

"He wanted us to work on our differences, hence the meeting, also to see our business ethic and how well we work together," Luka said, his eyes rolling at the statement.

"Wouldn't it be easier to just work together, but not be together?"

"Ah, fleshy, we have business meetings we are forced to attend and within those meetings, we would all have to be there. And let's face it, if you can't get along and you put all of us in a room, the outcome itself would be quite ugly and we can't risk losing a business partner." Luka explained, patting Kai's head, "but I do appreciate you trying."

Kai blushed at the treatment, he wouldn't use to being babied, seeing as he grew up fast to learn to defend himself.

Zane meets Kai's eyes, "aren't you tired, human?"

"Yeah, I completely forget humans rest," Matteo said, smacking his forehead.

"I don't usually stay up this late, so I am slightly tired," Kai said.

"Should we return him?" Luka asked, looking at the two.

"It could be too risky, returning the human during the night. We could wait until daytime and he could lie about finding a place to stay during the night." Zane said.

Kai just awkwardly picked at his sweater string that seems to have removed itself from the stitching.

"I could bring him to my place to sleep for the night." Matteo said, standing up, "I have a bed in there."

"Why would you have a bed?" Kai asked, pausing for a minute while everyone stared at him, waiting for it to connect.

"Oh, ew, I don't want to sleep in a sex bed," Kai said, his face scrunching up in disgust.

Matteo laughed, "Then I guess you can stay with Luka."

"Are you implying I don't have a sex bed?" Luka said, raising a brow, "cause I'm one hundred percent sure we fucked on my bed more than two thousand times."

Matteo's looked down for a moment embarrassed of the words that left Luka's mouth, "no I was referring to the fact you just got a new bed."

Zane starts laughing loudly at the whole situation, "you can stay at my place human, I have a spare room where no sex bed is located."

"I'll go if everyone stops saying sex bed," Kai said, standing up and going around the table to Zane.

"What's wrong with sex bed? Bed of sex? Sexual acts bed? Bed used for sexually active people? Bed made for"

"Jesus Christian, Matteo, shut up," Luka said, sighing heavily.

"The term is Jesus Christ." Kai corrected.

"Nonsense, fleshy, what you said makes no sense. You need that sleep." Luka said.

"Are you two going to be fine by each other?" Zane asked eyeing the two males.

"We aren't going to go to our sex bed if that's what you're asking," Matteo said, sitting back down dramatically.

Zane let out a breath of air through his nose, "come on and you better hold on tight because I'm older than Matteo, so I can move faster."

Kai latched his arms tightly around Zane's neck, before making a move to jump and wrapped his legs around Zane's waist.

Zane's hands dropped to be placed under Kai's thighs, holding him tight.

"Awe man, why didn't he do that with me?" Matteo pouted, making Kai blush.

Zane scoffed, "because you, my dear would have been poking him the whole time."

This time Matteo blushed and shooed the two away. Once again everything turned into a blurred color of brown and green, making Kai closed his eyes so he wouldn't get sick from the fast motion.

Zane then slowly let Kai down, he's brain felt like it was lagging and couldn't pick up where it was or what was happening.

Kai gripped Zane's shoulders for support and he blinked several times, trying to adjust.

"Sorry human, I tend to forget what it's like to be human myself."

"Ah, it's fine. I tend to forget that my brain doesn't work like that."

Zane let out a small chuckle. "Well, welcome to what I call home when I'm here."

Kai looked around the room; it had a black and white theme and looked very luxurious. "I wish my home, actually looked like this."

"Are you jealous?" Zane asked.

"No," Kai shook his head, "my home has it only touch that allows me to feel comfortable, and although this is very beautiful it wouldn't be the same as my house."

Zane shook his head, chuckling in disbelief, "you're very different from other humans."

"Should I take it as a compliment or an insult?"

"It's a compliment. Your soul is pure, your mind is open and your personality is just perfect? I think that would be the word I would use. You just, you don't carry the traits, I find in most humans."

Kai smiles widely, "I'm flattered to help you open your eyes to see not everyone is the same. Like you and your brothers have shown me the different kinds of vampires there are."

"And what kind are we?" Zane asked.

"Look who's curious now." Kai mocked lightly.

"You heard that?"

"Might come as a surprised, but I was raised to hear and see things others might not."

"So what have you seen?" Zane said, approaching Kai slowly.

"I see three vampires who deep down want love and acceptance, but can't find it within themselves. You can choose to love others so you can choose to love yourself."

Zane's eyes widen, "ooh."

"But don't worry, I'm here now and I will make sure you guys truly love yourselves."

"You're going to come back around? We're dangerous." Zane said.

Kai just shook his head, "I trust you guys."

"You just met us." Zane shot back.

"Sometimes you got to have faith and I truly do believe you guys mean me no harm. Every friendship has to start with trust and I want you to know that I trust you, even though I just met you. You didn't hurt me when you easily could have."

Zane just stared for a moment, words seem to get lost.

"You're foolish." He finally spoke.

"Whoever was called foolish for doing such a dangerous thing has also been called brave."