lxxix. | "i will always find you"

GLENN WAS IN the middle of doing dishes from the dinner he cooked — Japchae, a traditional Korean dish his mother would make every Monday, while Ella was changing a diaper on their daughter

GLENN WAS IN the middle of doing dishes from the dinner he cooked — Japchae, a traditional Korean dish his mother would make every Monday, while Ella was changing a diaper on their daughter. The scent of the dish from earlier wafted into Ella's nostrils making her crave some more of the dinner though they basically ate it all and decided to toss the rest into the garbage. Ella wrapped the baby diaper onto their daughter and picked her up before she sat down on the couch to watch Glenn finish up the dishes. Ella smiled to herself. This was the life. This life was good. No more worries.

Ella kissed the top of their daughters head. "Are you almost done with the dishes?" Ella asked Glenn, her eyes locking in with his behind.

Glenn grabbed a towel and dried his hands off, turning to his wife. "Yeah," he smiled, making his way over. "Is Rick coming over tonight?" he asked, sitting down and wrapping an arm around Ella.

"Probably. He always comes after work to play with Taylor." Ella replied.

He looked Ella dead in the eyes. "Well, you should probably wake up."

"What?"

"Wake up."

Ella was confused.

"Wake up!" he yelled.

+

Ella sat up from the dream in the bed she was laid up on. She looked around the room for anyone in here with her. The only thing she could hear was the growls of walkers and something banging on something downstairs. She rubbed her head as she was remembering that the clock tower came down on them and broke the walls down. She blacked out after that. She had no idea what was going on. She came to wonder where everyone else was, if they were still here and not off fighting the walkers outside, or trying to save whoever was stuck outside with the herd.

Ella rubbed her arm, it felt sore. She was suddenly nervous when she felt the bandages wrapped around the arm where she was bit back when Tyreese died. She slowly looked down at her arm. Her face turned pale. Everyone might've abandoned her. . . and left her for the dead. She looked away from her arm and noticed a gun sitting on the nightstand. It was Rick's gun. He wanted her to commit suicide. She laughed to herself. She couldn't believe Rick couldn't shoot her. He usually always killed someone if they were bitten, and besides he had no idea she was bitten weeks ago, but now it was probably more close to almost a month ago.

Ella moved her legs over the bed and placed her feet on the ground. She inhaled deeply to prepare herself for the reckoning everyone who knew now was going to give her. She stood up and grabbed the gun, sliding it into her waistband. She grabbed the doorknob and slowly turned it. She peeked her head out for any walkers roaming through the halls. She stepped into the hall, listening for anyone inside. She looked down the hall where there was a couch blocking off the walkers from getting up here into the second floor. "They're still here." she whispered.