Chapter 2: Running away

Chapter 2: Running Away

Photo on the side: Alpha Ethan

I ran back to my house and directly into my room. I took a backpack from my closet and started grabbing every piece of clothing that I wear and even does I haven't touched. They were tears streaming down my face at this point. I can't believe I'm actually leaving my family just because of a stupid alpha who doesn't want to find his real mate. Like the level of anger has gone to a whole new level. 

I could feel my wolf trying to push through, but I was holding her down. I don't want to be reckless either. And if I shift I will lose it, I know it. 

"Emma, what are you doing?" My dad asked from the door. They must have heard my sobbing mess, great. 

I turned to see him, my body hiding the backpack filled with my clothes. 

"My god, why are you crying and what the hell happened to your cheek?" My mom asked.

"Alpha Ethan wants me to be the Luna" I cried out. 

"I didn't know he was your mate, are you going to forgive him for coming onto you" mom tried not to say 'almost raped you'. But I know what she meant, we all did.

"Mom, that's the thing, he's not my mate. He's forcing me to do this, he has the power of a whole pack behind him. I can't do anything in my favor" I say, sitting on my bed.

"That bastard" Dad gritted his teeth and his hands formed into fists. They started to turn red, we are all short-tempered. But dad especially did not have patience when it came to mom or me. He loved us too much. 

The moment when I told him what happened with the Alpha and me, it took all of my parents' friends and mom to calm him down so he wouldn't do anything that could get him killed. Every time he sees the Alpha's face, mom has to talk him so he won't attack him. 

"Well, what happened to your face?" Dad asked after taking a breath to calm down.

"When I rejected him, he hit me" I whispered.

Dad's eyes turned really black, and his shirt started to stretch out meaning he was turning into his Wolf, Mom immediately went to him and calmed him down, I guess it was good they were mates. She was used to this, like I explained before. He is only like this in this sort of issues, he is usually a relaxed person.

"That's why I'm leaving, I can't stay here and be mated to him. Not when my mate is out there and especially not to a person like him. He is abusive and reckless" I say zipping up the backpack.

Mom and Dad looked at each other and nodded. "It obviously pains us to do this but we need to watch out for you. We'll help you get out as long as you are safe."

°.°.°.°

"I'll call you every day" I promised my parents as I hugged them both tightly, I put on the backpack afterwards.

"You better" My dad warned a tear slipping from his eyes. Seeing my father cry was a torture in of its own. 

"You gotta go, it will give you enough time to leave the territory and not get caught" My mom said trying to not cry. 

"I love you guys" I say softly while shifting into my Wolf and running out of the house.

I ran really fast before taking the path towards our forest, I stayed on the dark side of the forest which mostly was never secured since nobody dare to enter this part, even on the day this part stayed shielded. But I'm not afraid, I've gone here with my wolf because of the quiet and just to be alone. I know the path with closed eyes.  I could hear some guards in the distance but I kept going. No one is stopping me. 

When I finally got out of our land I said out loud ''I, Emma Thompson cut all ties with the full moon pack and everyone in it''

Just as I finished I felt this weight off of my body like being free, finally. Free of his reach, I just needed to run and far. 

I kept running for a while, it only felt like 5 minutes but I know it was much more when I saw the sunrise.

I quickly got the backpack off my back and put it on the ground. I shifted back to my human form and grabbed a random shirt and some yoga pants. I'll rest when I get to the human territory, right now I still have like a day of walking to do. Thank the goddess that I did my training every day. Otherwise I would of collapsed some miles ago. 

I was about to keep walking when I heard someone shout, no they can't catch me. I'm so not going back. 

I continued running in my human form when again the voice shouted "Stop, Rogue" and that is what I did. Don't know why I actually did it. I'm probably stupid.  Probably not, I am stupid. 

I stopped and prepared for what was about to come.

But never would I have thought it was gonna be this. And for this I wasn't prepared.

"You don't always need a plan. Sometimes you just need to breathe, trust, let go and see what happens"

                                     - Mandy Hale