6

After a few minutes of trying to decipher what the hell that meant, my eyes slowly closed and I tried to drift off.
I could slowly feel my body begin to... float. My entire bloodstream became warm helium as I lost weight, the tips of my fingers tingling with flushes of bodily heat, as the rest of my body tried to lift up to the heavens.
But there was something keeping me from getting off the ground.
Holding me down, like an anchor in my subconsciousness:

The bite.

The more I tried to forget about it, the pain would remind me by wrapping icy fingers around my weightless limbs.
Let me go. I scolded them, but then they decided to dig in, their ice nails burying under my skin, drawing blood.
Tears formed in my eyes, before I blinked them out and they floated to the heavens without me.
Let me float away. Please. But the pain only intensified, stronger, colder.
It dug in again with all it's strength.

I jolted awake, sitting up and hugging onto my knees, covered in cold sweat.
The sky was dark, and for a second I thought I had slept through an entire hour before I heard Adrian's deep laugh.
He wasn't even half way through his first blunt.

"That sounded rough!" He laughed sadistically. "You okay down there, southpaw?"

I shook my head.
"Can't sleep. H-hurts too muh-much."

Adrian blew out a small smoke-cloud, followed by a dry cough.
He doesn't know just what he's getting himself into...

"Keep your eyes closed. You'll fall asleep, eventually." He suggested.

I closed my and let my thoughts wonder. Memories become slides in a projector coursing through my mind, emotions the pulsing audio that rung my ears and chest. Just like that, I was weightless again.
Regret, for not playing lego with Jake.
Doubt that I'll get home on time.

And a bubbling anger for the icy fingers pulling me down again.

My eyes shot open, my jaw clenched as I stood up.
I limped like a zombie over to Adrian.

He flinched at the sight of me, probably expecting me to be asleep.
"Holy shi-"

"Guh-give me that."
Before he could even answer I took the blunt from his muzzle and put it in mine.

I breathed in a long breath, the tip of the blunt flaring red as it filled my lungs with stale smoke.

I think it's worth mentioning that I had never done any of this shit before in my life. I didn't know that when you try to heave in the entire thing in one breath, all it does is make your face green as you hack out your lungs for a few minutes afterwards,
which was exactly what happened to me afterwards.
You see, I may be a raccoon, - and dare I say it - a sketchy one at that. But I think that having an actual family who cares for me makes all the difference.

Shit, that's a weird thought: without Jake in my life I'd probably be a washed up crack-addict wandering through the poorer suburbs to get for more drugs.
I know I'm only 15, but that stuff's happened before with much younger raccoons.

"Slow down dude!" Adrian scolded as he stood up and tried to grab it off me. "you're gonna end up killing yourself."

He reached for it but I held me arms away from him, so then the asshole decides to grab my arms.
My heart rate suddenly starts beating hard, shaking my ribcage, my breath quickens and my fur starts lacing itself with sweat, as I begin to panic.
"LET GO!" I scream at him, shoving his shirtless chest violently.

He chuckles a little, surprised, and lets go of me.
"Alright, alright..." he says, holding both his arms up. He looked me straight in the face, trying to figure out what was wrong with me.

I messaged my arms, like my mum had taught me to do when something like this happened,- to me, doing this feels like running a burn under cold water.
Before, when he was carrying me, I was drunk enough to be fire-proof. But now his touch was burning me.
"Just," I said, out of breath. "N-No gruh-grabbing, alruh-alright?" I made out.

The sheep dog's eyes were cold, looking me up and down, completely expressionless.
Then he shifted his eyes down and rolled another blunt in his paws. He did it calmly; without effort.
What seemed like an eternity later, he licked the paper, closed it, put it in his mouth and lit the end.
Finally, he said: "You're not meant to do it in one pull, southy."

My eye twitched.

"You take your time with it," He explained. "When you take it slow, its like you're letting the high slowly seep in."
The sheepdog sat his muscular body down, with his back against a tree. He tapped a spot between his spread legs.
"Come here, I'll show ya." He said, invitingly. There was something weird going on in those pale green-eyes...

"Nah Aye, a-Adrian I'm good over here th-thanks."

He held his paws out again, spreading his legs further to give me more space to sit.
"I'm not gonna grab ya bud. I promise." He said reassuringly. "That's not like me."

I hesitated, looking his built body up and down for any traps.
I rolled my eyes.
"Fuck it." I sighed, and limped over to him slowly.

I sat down between his legs, crossing my legs and facing him. Our muzzles were almost touching.
"You h-happy?" I said with a yawn - it was getting too late (or too early) for me.

"Yeah, I guess... but this is kinda an awkward position." He leaned back a little further. "Here, lean against my chest."

I chuckled, and shook my head. I stared at him - more correctly whatever was going on in those eyes.
Us rodents have out talents with telling when there's danger coming. And this seemed... it seemed like he was setting off some tripwires in my instincts, the ones that wanted me to tuck tail and walk away.
I squinted.
"Nah dude, this is getting weird now."

Adrian's handsome face smirked slightly.
"You're just being a pussy."

I bit my lip, turned around, and thudded my back against his chest, making him audibly grunt.
I leaned my head up, which pressed my muzzle against the side of his.
"I'm only guh-going along with this be-c-cause I'm injured, alright? If you hadn't bit me earlier I'd have you nuh, n-knocked out by now."
I took another hit - doing it right this time - just for that extra bit of emphasis.

He smiled.
"Yeah, I believe you Southy."

His paws slowly made their way up my waist before he let them relax on my stomach.

I watched them as he did it.
"The fuck?"
I realised that my back was feeling hot - Adrian is one warm dog. Even though I was trying to fight the feeling, for the sake of my masculinity; I was beginning to feel relaxed as I lay agaisnt his warm body.

"Just getting comfortable..." He whispered into my ear.
"Keep smoking... it'll take-

Zzz

Zzz

Zzz

I woke up slowly, my fur a greasy mess. The midday sun lay seige to my bloodshot eyes.
Soon they adjusted. The forest was a beautiful green around me, the birds happily attacking each other up in the trees.

A few things missing though...
Adrian was gone completely gone
The second thing 'gone' was all of clothing...

Legs were sore, and the rest of my body just felt... worn out. My mouth was dry, but... My throat hurt... felt stretched...
Like I had been choking.
"Oh... shuh-shit..." I whispered.

I reached back and felt my behind, my waist was covered in scratch marks...

I felt myself tear up, and I buried my face in my knees.
"Shit..."