Promotion

Now that the matter between Ting Ting and Yin was settled, Ting Ting had excused herself as she had recently slacked from her usual duties which were to help with the kitchen duties.

Besides war and fighting, Ting Ting was nagged by her mother to learn cooking so that she could at least be a wife that can keep her husband happy through their stomach. Because her mother was hell-bent on this, Ting Ting had become a wonderful cook which was why she was needed in the kitchen's army for her skills. But because Yin had been injured, Ting Ting had to excuse herself to take care of her friend.

Though some of the soldiers were reluctant as they loved her cooking and some even wanted to marry Ting Ting for this, they let her go as this was her friend and they also understood that Ting Ting had an affectionate feeling towards this Yin so one could not stop one's heart.

Yin was also quite famous now as she manages to survive a fight with General Wu Li Jian from the nation of Qi and had even rescued the famous General Han to escape from death itself.

This was why when Yin who was dressed came out, she was greeted by many and admire by more.

The first thing she had to do was get her sword which was currently guarded by Captain Zhu.

As many saw Yin walking, the words began to spread until it reaches Northern General Sun Bin's tent. The old man nods in understanding and with a wave of his hand, the Lieutenant General had walked out with a mission.

Captain Zhu who was currently sharpening his sword in his tent, was looking at the sword that was stuck on the pile of ground which the soldiers had taken from the battlefield that day.

His attention was then to the entrance of his tent when he heard someone saying, "Assistant Vice-Captain Yin has come to greet Captain Zhu"

Captain Zhu then put his sword to the side and walked up to the young man who was before him with a proud smile as he pats the youth's shoulder.

"You are finally awake Yin," he said while smiling and glancing around his body for a sign of injury before nodding happily. "And I see that you have made a full recovery. I have heard about soldier Ting Ting taking care of you, it seems that it was true"

Yin notice the captain's gaze and instead smile asking, "I heard that my sword was here?"

Captain Zhu looks disappointed as Yin changed the topic and instead showed him where her sword was.

Yin was laughing inside her mind when she saw the state Element was at but on the outside, she was walking gracefully to the sword before pulling it out easily.

Captain Zhu was surprised looking at this scene as he did not believe that the sword could not be pulled out even when he had used all his might. Indeed, this sword was a magical sword that belonged to Yin and only Yin could wield it as Ting Ting had said.

Element on the other hand was happy to be back to Yin's embrace and side as he had enough of people who was touching him around without permission.

Yin gave her appreciation of thanks to the captain and proceed to walk out of the tent as she wanted to see Blaze's condition but was instead blocked by another guy at the entrance.

This was none other than General Sun Bin's Lieutenant General Shu. He was a man of few words and his looks can be intimidating as he had a fierce look and big build but Yin was not afraid and instead was calmly looking at the gentleman when he passed the message.

"Northern General wishes to see soldier Yin", he said.

Yin nods in understanding and followed the man back to Northern General's tent. As Captain Zhu saw Yin out, he was quite bored and instead followed the two too and had also wind up to the Northern General's tent.

General Sun Bin smiled when he saw Yin come in and asked, "How are you feeling at the moment youngster?"

Yin remembered what Ting Ting had told her and wondered why did the general keep her secret safe.

With a calm attitude, Yin replied respectfully to the General saying "This soldier has felt better than ever and is ready to fight anytime"

This made the general laugh as he said, "Indeed it is good to be young"

By hearing his laughter, Yin had relaxed more and felt quite a bit comfortable with the general now.

"I have called you here because you have made a great contribution to the war and have discussed this with the others about this. Assistant Vice-Captain Yin, from today onwards, you are now Captain Yin. Do you accept this promotion?" General Sun Bin looked questioning to Yin as if he was sizing her up.

Yin was surprised as she was still considered as a new recruit that had served for 2 years in the army. Now she had skipped the post of Vice Captain to Captain in just 2 years. Others would go mad with jealousy at the rate she was going. (She is 15 years old atm btw)

But Yin was an ambitious person, instead of hesitating, she instantly kneels and said gratefully "Yes, this soldier accepts!" and looks at the general with a dignified look as if answering his questioning gaze that she was indeed ready.

Captain Zhu who had accompanied them was surprised at first too but knowing Yin, he then smiled while nodding as he also believes in Yin's abilities. After all, Yin was shadowing the captain's side at times and thus, she would be able to do her duties well as a captain since she knew what to do.

But as he was still worried, Captain Zhu had said "Then this one shall help guide the new fledging with lessons before this one lets Yin go"

Yin gladly accepts the captain's offer and General Sun Bin was also happy with his soldier's behaviour.

"Then let us celebrate tonight and have a feast as the enemy had begun to retreat already. Lieutenant General Shu, spread the word and prepare for the feast", General Sun Bin was more pleased now and felt like he was in a celebratory mode since Yin was healed.