003.

Jayla POV

My eyes shot open

My eyes shot open.
"Hello? Jayla?" The voice said again. Naw this can't be him.

"I know you're there my Jay Bear." ( Author's Note: Bars? Yeah ik🤣. ) I knew right then it was him, nobody calls me that but him. I still didn't say nothing.
"Since you don't wanna say anything, I'm calling to let you know that I'm coming back home in a week, have that pussy right and ready for me my Jay Bear." I could hear the smile in his voice. Who the fuck let him out?

I bursted out crying, this can't be true. He was supposed to have 13 years, now he's just all of a sudden getting out? Something ain't adding up.
Now I have to worry about where I'm going to stay and him coming home..

Sin | Sincere POV
Later that night ( 2:00am )

"I got word on Reggie boss, he's expected to get out in a week." My worker Ghost said.
"I thought he wasn't gone get out for like 10 more years?" I said confused.

"Word on the street that nigga been smashing the night guard, so with that and the officers he got on his payroll he getting let out." DJ said.
I blew out smoke and went into thinking.

Reginald "Reggie" Johnson. My biggest rival in the streets, we been beefing since my pops and his pops. He got charged with rape and domestic violence on multiple counts, I ain't even know he was like that. You'll never catch me doing some sick shit like that, or my niggas, I might be a feared street nigga but I don't tolerate men disrespecting they girlfriends at all.

"We need to come up wit a plan for when he come back, I done came way too far for him to come back and think he running shit." I said standing up.
"Yeah, and we need to warn everybody else too." P said.

"Aight I'm finna head out." I said dapping everybody up. "I gotta go get my son in the morning."
"You gotta bring my lil nigga to see me bro, I ain't seen him in a while." Smoke said
"I got you, we'll come over there tomorrow." I said leaving out.

I got outside to the car, and I felt like I was forgetting something. After 2 minutes I shrugged it off and drove off.
I grabbed my phone to call my babymama but I scrolled passed her name.
"Fuck I forgot to call her." I mumbled. Hopefully she still awake.

I called her and she answered on the first ring. So she was waiting on me to call ?
"Hey ma what you doing still up ?" I said turning the music down.
"Umm I-I was already awake, what you doing still up?" She said with that soft ass voice that I'm already starting to love. But she sounded...shaken up.
"You okay over there?" I said half serious. "You sound scared."

"No um, I'm fine, what are you doing?"
"I'm heading home, I was at work." I said, it's not a 9-5 but the trap is most definitely a job.

"At 2 in the morning? Most places close at 11, you must be tired." She said. If I knew any better I would say she sounded half concerned. Ain't no female been concerned about me.
"To keep it a whole dollar I am, I been working since 8." I said running my hand over my face.
She chuckled, "well you need to get some sleep Mr., you need me to hang up?"
I pulled in the driveway to my house, turning the car off. I'm getting tired but I wanna talk to her tho, her voice calms me.
"Nah sweetheart. You got to work tomorrow?" I said hopefully.
"No I'm off tomorrow and Thursday. Why?" She questioned

"I wanna take you out somewhere tomorrow, you down?" I said stepping out my shoes. I didn't notice I was holding my breath waiting for her to answer. I had never been this nervous talking to a girl before, I need to snap out of it.
After a second she answered, "Ummm sure, why not? I'm not doing anything tomorrow. What did you have in mind?" I sighed in relief.

"I'm not tryna take you on the regular dinner and movies, that's boring as shit. How about the arcade?" I spoke truthfully, that dinner and movies shit been around for ages, and that shit ain't even fun.
"I'd like that, that's nice but...." she trailed off.
"What's wrong?" I said, "You don't wanna go?" I said furrowing my eyebrows.

"No no no, I'd love to go." She said quickly.
"Sooo what's the problem?" I said putting her on speaker, stripping out of my clothes.
"It's just... I can't afford it right now, money is tight, I have to take my little sister school shopping soon. I can't really afford anything extra." She damn near whispered.
"Who said you were paying for anything sweetheart?" My voice got deeper than usual and raspy cause I'm getting tired.

"I-I-I I just thought-" she started but I cut her off.
"Aht nope. Listen, I don't know what kinda boy you was fucking with before, but fucking with me you ain't allowed to pay for anything, you hear me?" I said seriously.
Her breathing got heavy over the phone. She didn't say anything.
"Yo you good over there?" I said smirking, I know what that heavy breathing mean.
"Yes I hear you, I understand." She said sounding like she tryna catch her breath. I laughed.
We talked some more until she said she was tired.

"Don't be mad, but I'm tired now." She said with sleep evident in her voice.
"So you don't want to talk to me no more?" I said fake hurt. Of course she tired, it's going on 4 in the morning.
"It's not like that, I like talking to you. But it's 3:48 in the morning. I'm surprised you weren't sleep a long time ago."

"Don't worry about me, I just wanted to talk to you." I said getting up and turning the air on.
"Awwwwn you stayed up all this time to talk to wittle ole me?" She said in a baby voice.
I laughed. "Don't do too much now." I said, not able to fight the smile appearing on my face.
"No but seriously, you need to sleep, you've been up all day. It's bad enough we've been talking for 2 hours and you were tired when you called me." She said seriously.

"But-" I said but I got cut off.
"Sin." She said sternly.
"Alright alright. I'll go to sleep, don't wanna be too tired for our date tomorrow." I said finna close my eyes.
"Mhm goodnight Sin." She said sweetly, I love the way my name sound when she say it. It's sexy without her even trying.
"Goodnight sweetheart." I said dozing off.

*********
1,195 Words
Vote, Comment, Share with cha friends and all that if you like it.

If you don't fw the characters I picked, just imagine some in your head or something😂don't run up the comments.