37. About Last Night

Serena

Last night might have been the best moment of my life.

Liam and I had finally kissed! It happened!

My mind had completely turned to mush in that moment, and all I could think of was Liam's lips on mine, his hands on my body, and his heartbeat syncing with mine.

Everything about that moment was perfect.

Unfortunately, we broke apart when I got a call from Chris, asking where I was, since Danny wanted to cut a cake for Sara.

As much as I was enjoying the moment, I couldn't let it go any further than a heated kiss.

Not because I didn't want to, but rather because I could smell the faint trace of alcohol on Liam's breath, and also, because this was so sudden.

Liam kissed me, but I was so lost on why?

Despite the few moments of closeness, there was nothing else said between us, for me to understand where this gesture came from. Liam had never explicitly said anything about him even looking at me that way.

His kiss was making me think he liked me, but I'd rather hear him say it.

Liam and I both returned to the party, but with smiles on our faces.

I couldn't help but think we both probably looked a mess, despite trying to make ourselves look inconspicuous.

I didn't really see Liam after we returned to the marquee. It's not like it was that big of a venue, but I had everyone calling me from all sides, and then was supposed to be going back home with Sara and Danny.

Before I left, I was hoping to have a conversation with Liam, but just before I went to look for him, Chris sent me a message than Miguel and him were going to be dropping him home, since Liam had a bit more to drink.

I had made up my mind then that I would talk to Liam in the morning, and possibly and finally, confess my feelings.

It was a daunting, but the way he kissed me and looked at me that night, I felt maybe, just maybe this time my love might not go unreciprocated.

"Well don't you look cheerful," Sara's smiling face greeted me in the morning, as I walked out of my room and into the living room.

She was laying on the sofa, her feet on Danny's lap, as he was massaging them.

"A little too cheerful," Danny then commented, raising his brows slightly and looking over my form.

I did put on pretty day dress, in my happy mood. I just wanted to look cute.

If I was going to confess my feelings, I was definitely going dress up a little for it.

"What? I'm just happy," I shrugged, but the delirious smile on my face was definitely a dead giveaway to my happiness.

I sat down on the armchair, whilst Danny was still eyeing me skeptically, and Sara shifting to sit up, next to Danny.

"Why?" Danny then asked.

Sara smacked his arm. "Danny, don't be an asshole. She's smiling, let her be," she said to him.

She then looked towards me and mouthed, 'tell me later', causing me to shake my head at her slightly.

"You guys are way too suspicious, I'm just in a good mood," I told them.

I didn't want to jinx anything right now, otherwise I would've told the two of them everything about night.