twenty three

_______________________________

"You think he ... hates you?" Taylor questions in a sarcastic tone.  She rolls her eyes and laughs, "please, if there's anyone who seems to hate you the least, it's him."

I frown, "I'm serious Taylor."  I pull up the recent messages between Jungkook and I.  "Here," I shove my phone in her face, "read them."

She scans through the messages.  Her brows slowly knit together as her eyes shift with the texts.  Handing my phone back to me, her eyes widen slightly as she tears them from the screen.  "Please back off?  What did you do,
Y/n?" she asks.

I rub my temples, "I have no idea.  He's never acted like that before and I'm worried," I answer.  "You think I hurt his feelings?"

Still resting on my headboard, she places her hand on her chin in thought.  "I can't really tell.  What would you have done to make him upset?" she questions again. 

"I just told you, I don't know."

Taylor hums softly. She drops her hand from her chin and crosses her arms. "Maybe you could ask one of the members," she suggests.

Sighing, I purse my lips. "I can't," I begin. "They're just as confused as I am."

"Surely at least one of them know," Taylor says. "I mean, they literally live together. They would definitely be able to tell."

I turn back to her with a confused glance. "What are you implying?" I ask.

She looks up at me with a blank expression. "I'm saying that one of them are lying to you, Y/n," she answers. "We just have to find out who.  Think, who seemed the most suspicious whenever you asked them about Jungkook?"

I sit and ponder over the last few messages I had with the members. Everyone seemed to have something to say about Jungkook whenever I asked. Except for..

"Namjoon," I blurt out. "Namjoon immediately went silent whenever I brought up Jungkook. You don't think-"

"He definitely knows something," Taylor interrupts, sitting up with interest. "Hurry up and text him!"

•••

JoonieBoonie:

Y/n:
Namjoon
I have to ask you something

JoonieBoonie:
Oh really?
go ahead, shoot :)

Y/n:
do you know why Jungkook's upset with me?
Please, answer truthfully Joon

JoonieBoonie:
Y/n, I'm sorry, but I really don't know

Y/n:
don't try lying
Ik you know

JoonieBoonie:
...
I can't tell you

Y/n:
why not?

JoonieBoonie:
Y/n please
I made a promise