Chapter 10 - Flirting

Arabella's POV

His kiss was rough, but tender at the same time. He sucked on my lower lip, before extending his tongue asking for entrance. I clamped my lips shut, rejecting his kiss. It didn't dissuade him, instead he kissed harder. He tasted delicious, like strawberries and vanilla. He reached and grabbed my right butt cheek making me gasp slightly, and he took the chance to slide his tongue in - exploring my mouth. 

"AHEM-" someone cleared his throat rather loudly at the doorway. "My King."

Nathaniel snapped his head back, "This better be important." he snarled.

I thanked the heavens profusedly for the interruption and craned my neck to see who the stranger was. He looked famillar, yet I couldn't quite put a name to his face. He had handsome features, but a dangerous look to him. His presence made me uneasy, and I cowered behind Nathaniel instead.

"There has been a situation, the advisors are gathered at the oval waiting for your arrival"

I perked my ears up at the words, this probably had something to do with the on going war. From the man's tone, it didn't sound like good news for the vampires.

Nathaniel nodded with a knowing look, "I'll be right there."

With that the man took his leave, bowing slightly before he did so. His eyes met mine briefly before he walked away.

Nathaniel turned to me, running one of his hands through my hair. "I'll be right back princess. Be a good girl and stay here, won't you? " I shuddered at his words, turning away. 

He tipped my chin towards him gently, "Remember what I said Ara." 

I refused to meet his gaze. My distaste for him grew, the vulnerable man I thought I could love a few days ago was just a facade. All this while, he had kept Faye from me. To use her against me, to keep me forcefully by his side. I shuddered at the possibility of the rest of my family being kept captive under his grasp. 

"I will earn back your love. I promise." He said softly before walking away.

I glared at his distancing back, tears pricking my eyes. Why couldn't I have had a normal werewolf or human mate? Someone whom I could love fearlessly, and someone who could love me back wholeheartedly? The moon goddess must have had a warped sense of humour when she paired me up with a monster like him.

_______________________________________________________

I decided to explore the castle grounds again, it had been hours since Nathaniel left and there was still no word of him. The maids had showed me to my new room. It was a large hexagonal room, designed with simplistic elegance. Opposite the wooden oak double doors were glass walls, which let in sun from outside. There was a garden outside, which I could access from a small door to the right of the glass windows. The garden was cornered off, but it was large enough for my wolf to run in, stretching about a 100 metres long. My wolf purred gratefully, excited at the thought of running around more freely. There was also a walk in wardrobe in this room, I changed into a simple white sundress. The sun was out today, it was warm enough to put on a simple pair of brown sandals to match my dress. 

I wondered around the majestic halls of the castle, my home back at Black Crescent was nothing compared to the grandeur of this place. Many of the ceilings were painted, beautiful illustrations of angels and previous vampire kings. Crystal chandeliers hung from them, giving the castle a warm tone. The floors were either marbled or carpetted in red. I roamed from room to room, passing by large dining halls, music rooms filled with expensive ranges of instruments, about 5 libraries and the largest kitchen i've ever seen. I was approaching a more isolated hallway now, there was a room at the end of it. The carpet cushioned my footsteps, making them more inaudible. I could hear voices in the room, in a heated discussion. I edged closer, curious to listen in.