Something Is Off-6

Chapter 6
Layla's POV
Monday

We walked into the classroom for math.

Now most people hate math but I don't find it to difficult.

But walking in I saw Emma talking to two boys and a girl. I of course being me, looked towards Ryder telling him Shhhh as I walked up to her.

The boys in front of her notice me and I Shhhh them as well before Emma could notice them looking at me.

I walked up behind her and jumped on her back. She stumbled a bit before steadying herself and looking to find out who was on her.

She probably knew who it was but she just looked up with 'are you serious' look.

I laughed slightly at her reaction.

"Ok very funny Layla. Can you get off now so I can introduce everyone." Emma says.

I look up to the boys seeing Ryder was standing in the middle of them and the girl was holding on to one of them.

"Can you say please." I tease her a little more.

"Please." She said following my joke acting like a little kid.

I hopped off Emma and looked at the people fully.

The first one had light blonde hair almost white, with striking blue eyes, and he was tall. He seemed to be second in everything. He seemed to be the 2nd tallest, 2nd strongest, and 2nd in how much power I feel off him.

He is also the one with the girl rapped around him. She had dirty blonde hair and a big smile on her face. She seemed to be incapable of hurting anyone with her short size and skinny frame. Just bubbly and happy to be here.

Ryder was in the middle with his chocolate brown hair and forest green eyes. He was the tallest and seemed to be the strongest. I could feel him as a leader.

The last one was the one one with the least power. But he seemed to be the happiest and funniest guy out of the 3. His eyes never left Emma.

The one thing that the 4 new people had in common was there smell. It was so strong and standing next to Ryder I could smell it on him to.

Let me just tell you that all went though my mind in a few seconds and I wasn't just staring at them.

"Now, how the heck did you sleep in so late." Emma said to me in a scolding tone.

"Um." I said looking at the people listening. "I will tell you later?" I asked seeing if she would catch on.

I want to tell Emma about all that's happened in the last two days but I am not going to tell the whole world, especially people I don't even know the names of.

Ryder looked confused and hurt about my answer.

I look at him confused and he turns away.

"Hello. I'm Jessica but you can call me Jess. Everyone does at least." The girl says moving in front of me.

I guess Emma already meet them since see didn't say that to her as well.

I hold my hand out and said "Layla. There's no good way to shorten my name." Matching her smile.

"This is Luke, my boyfriend. This is Jace and you've seemed to have met Ryder." Jess said.

"Yeah. We meet last class." Ryder explains. I nodded agreeing with what he had to say adding "Yeah. He was staring at me the whole class."

The two boys stared laughing and looking at Ryder.

"That true." Luke asked with a raised eyebrow and smile.

Ryder rolls his eyes and playfully glares at me. I laugh slightly as the final bell rings and the teacher walks in.

We all sit together in the classes we had together.

In 3 and 5 it was just me, Emma, and Jess. We hung out and talked. Jess is pretty nice and funny. So is Jace and Luke. They all are great.

At lunch we all sat together at lunch. Jess sitting on Luke's lap. Jace sitting inbetween Luke and Emma. I was sitting infront of Emma and Ryder was sitting beside me and infront of Jace.

It was fun. But if there was anyway me and Ryder would touch hands or arms we did.

We sat close to each other and talked all day. But all day the two other boys looked at me weird and me returning it.

I couldn't place it, but I know I have at least smelt them before. Even though it sounds so wrong I know I have.

Vix was just happy all day prancing around in my head.

Ryder's POV

Layla met the boys and Jess.

She seemed to like them, which is good and they liked her.

But the boys keep saying something was off about her.

Not in a completely bad way but they didn't know what they were smelling off her.

I couldn't smell it at all because all I smelt was the intoxicated Night smell.

And yes I am describing the smell like Night. I think it suites it.

But what though me off the most about today and the boys was caughting her looking weirdly at them too.

Like she knew something was different about us and we aren't humans.

It freaks me out a little bit cause I am worried about her reaction when she does find out.

And if it anything like the looks she is giving the boys then it won't be good. And I need my Luna. My Layla.

Authors notes:

This was a short one and I am sorry. But I felt it was just a filler chapter.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|