v. DROWN YOUR SORROWS, NOT YOURSELF.

ACT i

ACT i. why was six afraid of seven ? because seven lived and six did not.
CHAPTER v. ❛ DROWN YOUR SORROWS, NOT YOURSELF. ❜

 ❜

4 months ago.
the mediterranean coast,
italy.

                  "HERE'S A TOAST TO A KID I LIKED," THREE ANNOUNCED, raising his glass to pay respects to the fallen soldier. The ghosts found it strange to see him in such a way. Although Three had always been rather comfortable with expressing his emotions, they never expected such a reaction. Out of the entire six, he was the only one to have actually talked about what happened. Because since the accident, there had been only silence. Sure, there was the odd instruction here and there. But other than that, only the speechless process of accepting. Accepting that their friend, someone they had spent months working with, was gone.

And he was never coming back.

"Are you crying?" Two asked, her eyebrows furrowed. But even then, as she honoured her own callous façade, she wanted to join him.

Three didn't reply, wiping away his tears.

             The melancholy silence returned, plaguing the atmosphere with it's sombre toxins. Unable to find any words of comfort, Three shared a sorrowful glance with the others. They met his gaze and exchanged condolences. Almost every member knew exactly how he was feeling. They were feeling it too, after all. And the only ghost not expressing a similar grief was someone who had not spoke since the discovery of Six's death. The group found themselves often stealing concerned glimpses at Zero before focusing their sights back on each other, silently urging for someone to fix her.