Chapter Thirteen

'Truths'

As Hadrian slowly drifted back into consciousness, he heard the smooth voice of Lucius Malfoy paired with a cackle that could only belong to Bellatrix Lestrange. His eyes slowly fluttered open, allowing him to register his surroundings. A large hall, most likely still within the manor, with only himself, Lucius and Bellatrix inside. Hadrian quickly discovered that he was tied to a chair with magical constricting ropes.

"Ah, it appears our guest is awake" Mr Malfoy drawled. His grey eyes shifted towards Hadrian, who wore an unamused look on his face.

"Most would take at least a whole day to recover from that amount of blood loss, yet it took you only an hour" the blonde continued.

Hadrian growled in response as he twisted, attempting to look around more. His jacket had been taken off at some point and was crumpled on the floor. This left the new mark that traced his forearm open to view. The black skull and snake dancing across the skin, as if taunting Hadrian. He let out a sigh, it wasn't that bad of a punishment, however it would certainly make his life harder. Especially if the Potter's were in it.

"Now! It is clear that you were sent by the light as a spy in order to find out who has taken the mark. My lord wishes for answers" Lucius stated, drawing Hadrian's attention back to the two Death Eaters. He quickly noticed the locking of eyes between the two, then the vial of liquid in Bellatrix's hand. The dark haired woman quickly approached him, crudely grabbing his face.

Hadrian released a burst of magic, pushing Bellatrix backwards into Lucius and sending them both to the floor. A grin formed on his face as he watched them scramble to their feet, pushing and pulling at each other. Very unprofessional.

"Drink the Veritaserum" a dark, chilling voice echoed into the room. The voice of Lord Voldemort came from behind the door, his magic swarming into the room. It felt suffocating as it seemed to wrap around Hadrian, holding him still. Hadrian involuntarily shuddered at the feeling of the magic wrapping around his limbs and body. Unable to move as Bellatrix forced the bottled potion down his throat, forcing him to swallow by clamping a hand over his nose and mouth.

"Why did you call yourself Hadrian Black? From a the evidence we found, you were Harry Potter, who seemed vanish after a few years." Mr Malfoy continued, glancing uneasily at the doorway as Voldemort's magic slowly retreated.

"I chose the name Black as I was it's heir and my godfather had always been kind to me. I gave up the Potter name so I would never be associated with them." Hadrian spat out in a monotone voice, an effect of the Veritaserum that proved it was working.

"How did a perfect little light family raise a Slytherin?" Bellatrix mocked, edging forwards to sneer at Hadrian. The reply echoed around the room, recieving confusion for some, yet understanding for others.

"They didn't,"

Mr Malfoy, whilst being considered dark, therefore evil, had always been a family man. He constantly prioritised his family- his beautiful wife, Narcissica, and his son, Draco. Due to pureblood customs that were maintained by James Potter, many wizarding families, including the Malfoys, were invited to a few large birthday parties. Lucius had always noticed the smaller, thinner boy that went unnoticed by most, including James and Lily. His deep love for his own son, had led Lucius to investigate when he had not seen the small boy at a large wizarding event. Harry Potter had seemed to vanish, until the news of his death during an apparent visit to relatives. When Lucius had overheard that he was living, and very powerful, he had been extremely shocked.

"What happened?" The man growled out. For wizards, especially purebloods, family was everything. Magical children were to be cherished and loved.

"After Evan was made the boy-who-lived, James and Lily didn't have time for me. They thought I was a squib aswell and sent me to live with Lily's Muggle relatives. I stayed there until I killed them and ran away" Hadrian replied in the same eerie monotone voice, sending chills to the people listening. Bellatrix's face had morphed into a wicked grin that was paired with eyes glazed over with insanity. This feeling obviously extended towards the Dark Lord, as a sinister chuckle echoed from behind the door.

"You're not exactly light, are you, Potter?" Voldemort asked after the creak of the door ended. As time had passed, Voldemort had been able to receive a physical form. Unfortunately, due to still not having the blood of the one who defeated him, it was a temporary form. Using dark rituals, the philosopher's stone and snake blood, as a substitute, he had been left with a snake-like, pale body.

"No." Replied the monotone voice, still under the effects of Veritaserum. Another low chuckle slipped from the pale lips.

"It seems we have a new Death Eater among our inner circle" Voldemort hissed, turning towards the two interrogators.

"I will need as many people within Hogwarts as possible, if we are to reach the light's 'golden boy'. Oh, how I will enjoy watching the fear in his horrid eyes" the Dark Lord admitted, a claw-like, bony hand resting on his chin.

"His eyes?" Bellatrix questioned, her face scrunching up in confusion, as she rested her head on Lucius's shoulder, much to his annoyance.

"The last thing I recalled. Those green eyes that matched the curse I used," Voldemort stated. Roaming the land as a spirit, with no body, he had always seen those eyes when he closed his own. The colour was intoxicating, fearless, deadly. It reminded him of the curse he used so often, and the end which he feared so much.

The answer to his unasked question followed. The Veritaserum effected voice, sending both fear and excitement racing down his spine. A wicked grin soon spread across his reptilian features as the words sunk in. Yet his own suspicion left the district trace of disbelief.

"Evan doesn't have green eyes."

***
"Cry me a river until you drown in the lake"

AN sorry for taking a while to update ( been busy watching ww3 memes and tiktoks :/ )  Sorry for the completely random update schedule, I just kinda update whenever I get time. Sorry for the short chapter aswell. And thank you for all the support! Have a great day!