Chapter 8-

Sadie's POV

I was sitting at one of the round tan tables inside the school's café where a few students were sitting around chatting or studying. For how cozy and artistic this café was I was surprised there weren't more students here. 

The ceiling was painting like one of those fancy cathedral ceilings with naked baby angels with harps and fluffy wings and there were three pillars strategically placed around the room with carvings from old graduating classes and where people had signed their names before leaving this place for good.

So far, Kent hadn't mentioned anything about the shower incident last night and I was hoping it would stay that way. 

"Sadie!" I heard Missy squeal as she rushed over to me from the front door. I had barely stood from my chair before she was hugging me so tight I almost couldn't breathe. I hate those kind of hugs, the ones you usually get from that old great aunt who you only see once or twice a year and who always comments on how big you've gotten.

Even though Missy hadn't done anything to me to make me not trust her, I couldn't get that odd feeling in my stomach to go away. Especially since both Kent and Charlie told me to steer clear from her.

"Hi," I greeted in an awkward fashion, although I tried to sound sincere.

"How was your day? Are you getting used to the campus at all?" She asked sitting down across from me at the table.

"Yeah, it's a pretty big campus but I'm getting the hang of things," I said chuckling lightly, mostly because of how uncomfortable this was. Missy sat across from me with her eyes glued to me and a strange, plastic looking smile on her face at all times.

 So this was obviously a bad idea, but I wasn't going to say anything to Kent or Charlie. All they would do is shove it in my face.

"I heard you are rooming with Kent," Missy blurted out and if my eyes weren't tricking me, her smile dimmed a bit. "Has he tried anything with you?"

"Excuse me?" I replied, somewhat loud, getting a few looks from the students around. Her question caught me off guard. 

"It's only a question Sadie. I just figured since you're living with him and all he's probably tried something with you. He's such a horn dog as it is," Missy giggled.

"Why would you even ask me that?"

"Oh come on Sadie, don't be so naïve. I know you've heard of Kent's reputation," Missy pursed her glossed lips at me and then smiled again. "He has had sex with at least half of the girls at this school, if not more,"

She winked at me. Sure Kent was a major flirt but of all the things I've heard about him around school he wasn't a man-whore. In fact, the only things I really hear about Kent has to do with sports or physical ability.

"Those are probably just rumors Missy," I needed to figure out a good excuse to leave.

"Oh no they are not, trust me," She giggled again and the dark side of me wanted to reach across the table and slap the smile from her face.

"How would you know?" I fired back at her with a smirk.

"Well, Kent and I were together for quite some time,"

"What?" I couldn't begin to hide the shock from my face and that made Missy even happier. I knew it, they had dated in the past. 

"I'm guessing he didn't tell you?" Missy threw her head back, dramatically and laughed for a moment before looking back at me, a malicious smile now on her porcelain face. "It's clear to everyone in school, but to you obviously, Kent is mine. We're taking a break for a moment so we can both have our alone time but trust me, we'll be back together in no time,"