39. Avoiding Him

Serena

Dearest Rena,

I'm hoping this reached you well.

Please don't think I'm this is to cause you any kind pain or hurt, because that would never be my intention. I only ever wish to see you happy.

But there is someone I wanted you to meet.

I miss you, Rena.

All my love,

Julie.

I clutched the note from Julie to my chest, smiling to myself.

Attached to the note was a was picture from the sonogram. The first ever picture of Bea.

My heart instantly melted seeing the picture and that was also the last I would ever hear from Julie.

The complications surrounding Bea's birth wasn't something I'd find out till later from my Mum, until after she spoke to Emma.

I've always regretted not going to see Julie after she sent me that first letter and it's one I'll forever live with.

Placing the note back into the small box I kept it in, I put the box onto the shelf of my new room and then made my way to the living room.

Since my little breakdown, I did what I told Sara I would do, and basically threw myself into both work and getting my new home sorted.

The furniture was all in its' place and decor was sorted as well, I basically needed to stock up on food and put in a few finishing touches and I was all done.

"You're all moved in then?" Danny asked, walking into my newest home, a plant in hand.

I had given him a spare key, which he was clearly making use of, and since I wanted to be a little more green, I asked him to pick up a cute plant on his way that I had on hold at a florist.

I turned towards him with a smile and nodded. "Yeah, a new home once again," I said. "I honestly feel like I have no roots."

"No roots?" Danny asked, placing the plant down, as I made a mental note to move it later.

I gestured to the place. "This is like the fourth place I'm calling home."

Moving is meant to be exciting, but as someone who isn't a fan of change and moved around way too often, I wasn't all too excited.

People who travel countries for work probably have moved less than I have and I just run shops.

"People move around, it's normal," Danny noted.

"This much?" I asked, raising a brow at him. "I'm staying in this place for at least a year," I declared.

Danny chuckled at my words and then sat on one end of the sofa, as I curled up on the other end, tucking my feet under me.

"So..." he stretched out the word.

I let out a groan. "Oh no, you're here to talk about Liam aren't you?" I asked him, and his facial expression already gave me an answer.

I knew there was a catch to him offering to bring the plant.

"You're avoiding him." Danny stated as a matter of fact.

"It's only been a couple of weeks-" I tried to argue.

"Five," he then cut me off.

I let out a little sigh. "Okay, it's been a few weeks," I corrected myself.