double date📚

Smitty's POV

I feel the bumps of the car as my Uber driver makes his way to the restaurant that we all had decided to go to. I peer out of the window and look on at the passing buildings, I feel anxiety bubble up inside of me as we get closer and closer to my destination and thoughts of doubt start to fly through my head.

What if this is all a setup and he's not going to show up. They'll laugh at me for this, make fun of me and my stupid crush.

We come to a stop and for a moment I don't realize that I have to get out of the car. I thank the driver as I get out and close the door before looking at the slightly fancy establishment in front of me. Suddenly I feel a bit out-of-place, a YouTuber at this kind of place, it's just not how things work. I adjust my dark red tie and my dark gray blazer before heading into the building and looking around for a certain few people. As I make my way closer to the reception I spot a man in a black tux sporting a deep blue tie. I smile and tell the person at the front that I see who I'm dining with and start to make my way over to him.

As I'm walking I start to hear a laugh that I've grown to know so well and a few others that mix with the first voice that strikes a chord of familiarity. As I turn the corner I see the man who's supposed to be my date fully and two other friends sat across from him and, since they were the ones facing me, they smiled and waved me over.

"The milk bag has finally arrived!" The short American announced to the group and the man who was facing away from me turned and I saw his gorgeous face. His blue-green eyes scanned over my body with a smile present on his lips, I blushed slightly and smiled back and took a breath in.

Holy fuck, I'm on a date with John. And Swagger and Fitz I guess.

For some background, during a recording session, Fitz had come to me and John and asked, well more like begged, us to join him and Swagger on a date to make it a double date. We both agreed and said it would be more like friends for us, and Swags and Fitz can have their own fun time on their real date.

Fitz and Swagger had been together for like a year now and how they managed to not go on a date was beyond me, but now they wanted to for some reason. I know why they asked me and John to tag along though. I've had a crush on John since the day we met in real life for the first time and almost everyone knows about it apart from John himself.

So now here I was, in a suit, approaching my crush and friends who were on a date in a restaurant that we could barely afford.

John stands from his seat and walks over to the empty chair as I make my way over to it.

What is he doing?

My question is answered when he pulls the chair out for me and gestures to it with a head nod. My cheeks heat up and I pray that the dim light of the restaurant hides the pink undoubtedly adorning my face. I smile gently at him and take my seat, moving the chair in while the two men across from me smirk knowingly only worsening my blush more-so.

"Such a gentleman." I look at the man next to me as he takes his seat, falling into our teasing nature almost seamlessly from my embarrassed state before.

"Well, I have to be nice if I want to get you back to my house tonight, right?" He's looking at me with a look that shows he doesn't truly mean what he said, though I wish his words had a deeper meaning. I press a hand to my chest, feigning offense and look over to where the others were sitting.

"Are you guys hearing this? This guy just wants to fuck." I say to them.

"Hey, at least I'm taking you out to dinner first." He motions you the table and the scenery. I just roll my eyes and laugh, the rest of the table joining me, but keeping our voices down, cause modesty.