G O O D C O M P A N Y

OMG TYGSM FOR 2.6k!! I REALLY APPRECIATE THE SUPPORT !!

In which Jungkook realizes he likes Taehyung's company and Taehyung realizes how good of a listener his co-star is.

~•~

Jungkook was wide awake in the wee hours of the morning, as usual. Taehyung was lying next to him, mumbling sweet nothings in his sleep and constantly tossing.

Jungkook had spent a major part of the night going over his lines. Taehyung had been in a pretty gloomy mood since lunch, and just listened to music through his headphones. He didn't engage in any conversation and his usual nonstop chatter was absent.

To say Jungkook was disappointed would be reaching, but he had definitely been looking forward to having someone to talk to. Despite their constant bickering, it was clear that Jungkook didn't mind being stuck with Taehyung all that much. He quite enjoyed the nonessential babble that flowed from Taehyung's lips every three seconds.

They were similar really. When Jungkook's guard was down, which was a rarity, Taehyung unsheathed the playful side that he reserved for those he felt close to.

Jungkook could be himself without being weary of how Taehyung would receive him because the elder was just as weird and random. Though he had confirmed that Taehyung was no threat, he wouldn't have called them friends. They definitely clicked in a chaotic, Tom and Jerry sorta way. Even still, that didn't mean the younger put his guard down completely.

A small crack had just been made in his previously impenetrable armor.

Three loud knocks and an impromptu beat boxing session could be heard outside the door. Jungkook rolled his eyes because he knew exactly who that was.

"ONE MINUTE! Taehyung. Get up, it's time to go." Jungkook said as he patted the elder's sleep tousled locks.

"Huh?" Taehyung murmured as he rose from his sleep-induced haze.

"Time to go. The Hyungs are here." Jungkook replied before getting up to open the door.

Taehyung rose pretty slowly, but nonetheless got himself ready.

Neither himself nor Jungkook talked as they made their way to the car, but the younger stuck close to his side.

Jungkook gravitated back toward the elder every time space was created between them. He wanted to keep on eye on Taehyung. Not because he cared or anything. He just couldn't afford for his co-star to have a mental breakdown again. At least that's what he told himself.

"Are you sure you're okay? Don't need me to hold your hand again?" Taehyung teasingly asked his co-star after settling into their seats on the plane. It was the first sign of true normalcy Taehyung had displayed and the younger was glad for it.

"I should be asking you that after what happened earlier." Jungkook said with a pointed glare in Taehyung's direction.

Although, the stare held no malice, no ill feelings, only genuine worry.

"I asked you if you were okay and now you're worrying about me?" Taehyung questioned with an amused look.

"I'm not worried! I was just saying.. Besides I'm fine, I'm not a kid." Jungkook said with a petulant huff.

"No one said you were a kid Jungkook. It's okay if you want to hold my hand again. I don't mind." Taehyung pressed gently.

"I guess.. only since you keep insisting and all." Jungkook said with a nonchalant huff as he extended his open palm to Taehyung.

The elder male couldn't help but smile at how childish Jungkook could be. It was clear that he wanted to hold Taehyung's hand without being too obvious. Unfortunately for Jungkook, Taehyung could see right through his tough guy façade.

"Jungkook? Are you awake?" Taehyung wrapped his slender fingers around Jungkook's bicep and roused him.

"Yes. I told you already. I don't sleep." Jungkook said with a little bite to his voice.

"Aissh forget it. I figured you wouldn't care anyway." Taehyung replied with a small sniffle.

Jungkook didn't have to open his eyes to know that the elder had been crying. He had become particularly familiar with the changes in Taehyung's voice and the emotions attached to them.

"Taehyung, What's wrong?" Jungkook asked as his eyes flew open to rest on his puffy-faced co-star.

The lights in the cabin were off, and almost all of the passengers had fallen asleep to whatever movies were on. Taehyung had been watching a romantic movie from what Jungkook could tell. The screen illuminated the elder's face and Jungkook stared as he waited for a reply. His question was met with silence and another sniffle from the bowed head brunette next to him.

"Kim Taehyung.. answer me." Jungkook demanded before tilting Taehyung's chin upward in order to face him.

"I just don't understand. We were so happy Jungkook. Literally nothing could've been more perfect." Taehyung said with a shaky breath.

"You mean you and Hoseok?" Jungkook asked with a knowing look.

"I know it was only six months and I should be over it. But it was a great six months. At least, I thought so.." Taehyung said with a heavy sigh.

"What happened?" Jungkook questioned.

"He said he wanted to break up. That it was a mistake for us to try and be more than friends, and he wanted to go back to that instead. He didn't give any signs of being unhappy. No warnings at all. He just left." Taehyung's shoulders slumped as he spoke and an unseen wave of sadness washed over him.

The whole ordeal made Jungkook frustrated.

He just couldn't wrap his head around the fact that this Hoseok had the chance to love someone like Taehyung and broke his heart. Seeing how effected the elder was definitely made his heart ache.

"He's an idiot for letting you go. Don't even waste your tears on him." Jungkook said as his hand came to rest comfortingly on Taehyung's shoulder.

"Everyone keeps saying that, but why does it hurt so much? Why do I feel like the idiot?" Taehyung's watery eyes locked onto Jungkook as he spoke.

The younger hated to see Taehyung's bottom lip tremble as he fought back tears.It was a sight that Jungkook definitely could've went his whole life avoiding.

"The one who loves more always gets hurt the most." Jungkook said with a faraway look in his eyes.

"I just thought it would be easy to go back to the way we were, but it's not. It's so hard to be around him and even harder to be away from him. I don't know what to do Jungkook." Taehyung confessed with a defeated sigh.

"Getting over someone isn't easy. You can't force it to happen by never giving yourself a break of him. You're gonna need time, and if he is really your friend he will respect that." Jungkook said to Taehyung as he gently squeezed his shoulder.

"Yeah you're right. I guess I shouldn't try so hard to make things normal again." The elder nodded as he replied.

"It won't be exactly the same, but it'll get better eventually." Jungkook encouraged the elder before withdrawing his hand.

"Thank you." Taehyung practically whispered.

"For what?" Jungkook asked with a surprised expression.

"For just listening and not making me feel like shit. You're a good person Jungkook." Taehyung confessed.

The younger had not expected the elder to ever thank him, let alone call him 'good'. The mere act made Jungkook feel warm, so much so that he broke into a smile.

It was a smile that lasted way after their plane had landed back in Seoul.