P A R T N E R S I N C R I M E

In which Jungkook and Taehyung promise to play nice and their managers can't help but anticipate how it will blow over.

~•~

The hair stylists and sound technicians were busying themselves with various tasks as the costars got ready. The press conference for their drama was held in Seoul Gangnam at Convention Heritz Memoria Hall.

Finally, Taehyug and Jungkook would meet the rest of the main cast members in the drama, Rouge Knights. All of their filming had consisted of scenes between the two of them, so they didn't get a chance to meet the others. Taehyung in particular was extremely excited to talk with potential fans and answer questions.

The official cast listing would be released that day, as well as their teaser. Jungkook was anxious about the reaction people would have. More importantly, the reaction that his family would have. He had made it clear to his close friends that he liked guys early on, but it wasn't exactly a conversation he had been looking to have with his mother and father. To top it all off, Hoseok's constant presence anywhere Taehyung was annoyed him.

Granted, the man got paid to keep the young actor safe, but his thoroughness was borderline overkill.

Taehyung had noticed that Jungkook was unsettled by something and took Hoseok's bathroom break as an opportunity.

"Jungkook? You okay?" Taehyung asked as he slid next to him on the small leather couch in the waiting room.

"Yeah? Oh, I'm fine." Jungkook responded with a dejected sigh.

He twiddled with his thick thumbs and Taehyung watched the nervous action keenly.

"You don't have to be nervous. Everyone's going to love you." Taehyung encouraged him with a soft smile.

"How can you be so sure? You practically begged for a new co-star." Jungkook laughed bitterly, his eyes catching Taehyung's momentarily.

"Because I know better now. You're really talented and good at what you do. I don't care how much you get under my skin. Anyone can see that you're a born star. Everything that I've spent the past two years teaching myself to be, you are without even trying. You don't give yourself enough credit where it's due." Taehyung said as he placed his hand on top of Jungkook's and squeezed gently.

The younger's widened eyes flickered up to meet his co-stars, his face heating fiercely as he slowly drew his hand away.

"I-Uh..Thanks." He mumbled shyly.

"You getting all soft on me Kookie?" Taehyung smirked as he teased him.

"No! But really, thank you. No ones ever said anything so-so...nice." Jungkook admitted somewhat quietly.

"Not being nice, just being honest. We owe each other that much. Right partner?" Taehyung nudged him with his elbow and forced a smile out of him.

Jungkook nodded in agreement as he succumbed to the smile that was bound to consume his visage.

"Well, you two are looking quite friendly." Yoongi noted with a smirk as he and Namjoon came over.

"Make sure you keep it up too. I know you guys aren't the best of friends, but please try for today. I know fan service would be asking too much so I won't even go there. Just behave." Namjoon half-commanded, half-pleaded with the pair of actors.

"Who says it's too much? I think we can handle a little skinship. Can't we Hyung?" Jungkook laid on the charm in his honey-laced voice and slide his arm around Taehyung's waist.

The elder male had a light blush across his face, but showed no obvious discomfort.

"It's a piece of cake, Jungkook-ah." Taehyung flashed his cute rectangular smile as he rested his head against the younger.

"This is going to be interesting." Namjoon said with a sigh.

"You mean hilarious." Yoongi grinned.