T A K E C A R E

In which Jungkook fusses over Taehyung and Jimin is crushing hard. Taehyung desperately needs to sleep And Yoongi is wondering where Jimin's been his whole life.

~•~

The pair stood in the hallway separating their adjacent apartments bickering.

Hoseok had been called into the office and abruptly left after dropping the group off. They, except a tired Taehyung, had all planned to grab lunch once Seokjin had come back with the car. Taehyung's apparent exhaustion had worried Jungkook. Enough to make him insist on walking the older male upstairs.

"Jungkook.. how many times do I have to tell you that I'm not Cinderella? You didn't have to waste your time walking me up. You didn't even let me carry anything!" Taehyung whined in protest as he swiped his hand along his keypad.

Jungkook ignored his whines and adjusted Taehyung's duffel on his shoulder before dragging the suitcase inside.

"Jungkook! Are you ignoring me?!" Taehyung followed behind him with persistent nagging and then stopped in the living room where his bags were deposited.

"It's hard to be able to. You whine so loudly." Jungkook grumbled before walking to Taehyung's fridge and grabbing a water pitcher and a glass from the cabinet.

"Yah! You punk! I am not whining! How dare you just help yourself to my stuff?!" Taehyung squealed with extreme petulance.

Jungkook smiled and shook his head as he poured the glass almost to its full capacity.

"You are so whining right now. That's okay though, because you're cute when you're mad." Jungkook strode over to Taehyung, glass in hand and a smug smirk on his face as he held it out.

"What is this?" Taehyung asked with an annoyed pout.

"It's for you. Now come on and drink some. You've been working too much these past few days. I know having him back around is hard, but take care of yourself. You haven't eaten since yesterday." Jungkook chided Taehyung gently for his carelessness as he brought the glass to his lips.

This forced the latter to drink a significant amount before the former was satisfied enough to let him drink on his own.

"Ahem! Excuse me! I don't mean to interupt.. truly I could've watched you two for hours but that would be weird. Anyway, I'm Park Jimin. You're obviously the insanely adorable Jeon Jungkook. I'm supposed to be Taehyung's best friend, but you've been ignoring my calls you ass! How could you go on a trip and not make up with me first? What if the plane crashed?! Our last memory would've been a fight! You're so insensitive! You know I worry!" The man who (neither male had noticed) had introduced himself as Jimin started to ramble before his lip wobbled in a violent way.

"Jimin, how long have you been there?! Oh no.. please Jimin don't cry. Don't worry! I'm not mad anymore. I just lost track of time. I would've called, don't cry Chim Chim. I love you, don't cry." Taehyung set down his glass and ran to Jimin's side upon noticing him so upset.

Jungkook had no right to be jealous. It was petty of him and he knew that, but he was anyway. He longed for the day that Taehyung would worry over him like that.

"I thought you were really mad. You said you wouldn't spend my birthday with me..." Jimin said with a small sniffle as he pushed back tears and allowed Taehyung to embrace him.

"I only said that because I was angry. I could never miss out on your birthday. You know that." Taehyung cooed and rubbed soothing circles into Jimin's back as he calmed down.

"Promise?" Jimin asked while drying his eyes on his sleeve.

"Pinky promise. I'll even bring Jungkook. You can stare at him all night and tell him how cute he is." Taehyung soothed him with sweet words and Jungkook nearly choked.