t w e n t y n i n e

25 MAY 2034

25 MAY 2034

◣ C A M E R A  1

hoseok woke up with a jolt, dripping from sweat as he took a few shuddering breaths. his eyes glanced around in rapid motion as he did a quick scan around the room mentally reassuring himself that everything was okay. he threw his duvet away as he trundled off the bed, reaching for his notebook by his bed.

he turned the night lamp on as he settled by the table letting his thoughts take over his entire mind like it always did. he flipped over the pages of the red book, his eyes tracing fondly over his own messy handwriting. hoseok let a smile waver of his lips before turning over to the page he had left off. or so he thought.

black ink was plastered on the page in three neat rows, marking a few dots and lines hoseok had grown used to over the past few weeks.

.--. ..- .-. . .-.

..-. .-.. ..- ... - . .-. .. -. --.

-.. .-. . .- --

he staggered backward letting a gasp leave his throat. he grabbed a pencil and began unencrypting the code in one swift motion. after a moment's passing, he leaned back as he stared at the end result of his actions.

the words echoed in his head, hand in hand with the terrors of his nightmares. hoseok felt a feeling of déjà vu run down his spine as he kept his gaze resolute on the words.

this had something to do with him.

he knew it. he could feel the ROSE's stare over his shoulder from the camera installed in the corner of the room, tormenting him silently. the awareness of having everything he did monitored and tabulated was starting to drive him crazy.

he slammed the book shut as he silently agreed with himself to keep it a secret from the others. the group had finally started to push past their differences and start anew and hoseok didn't want to bring down that rebuilding trust by bringing up his new discovery.

a ping from his phone startled him as he reached out slowly to grab it. he furrowed his eyebrows, wondering who the hell would be texting him so late at night. (besides ROSE of course).

he let his eyes waver over the message a few times before dashing out of his room, his heart thumping against his chest as he stood by namjoon's door, feeling himself go short of breath.

the words from the message rang in his ears. his thoughts were starting to get clouded and the text message stuck permanently to his brain like a tattoo.

'hyung please help me I m outside please im so scare d ROSE tricked me to come outside and now im trapped pl e ase hel p'