H E M A K E S H I M S M I L E

In which everyone, but taekook and namjoon, realizes both how happy they could be and how happy they already are.

~•~

"What's up with your brother? The guy looked like he was ready to rip my head off." Jungkook asked Taehyung as they both rushed into decent clothes.

"He's just overprotective." Taehyung replied with a harshness that he's never used with Jungkook before.

"Yeah, I can see that. If you don't want me in your business that's fine. It would just be nice to know if I'm going to have to fight for my life every time Namjoon catches me talking to you." Jungkook narrowed his eyes at Taehyung as he slipped off his sweats to put boxers on.

"Look, I wasn't trying to be an ass-" Taehyung stopped mid sentence as he caught site of Jungkook's naked body on display. Jungkook's bent torso made it impossible for Taehyung to see him in all his glory, but the teaser was definitely not disappointing.

"But?" Jungkook asked, waiting for Taehyung to continue.

The elder stood stunned for a moment before collecting his thoughts.

"But, Namjoon takes the role of protecting me very seriously... He wouldn't even consider letting me move out of his apartment after M-" Taehyung had started to explain but caught himself.

Jungkook noticed his apprehension and hastily threw on a shirt.

"A story for another time?" Jungkook asked, more so stated as he locked his gaze upon the elder male.

"Yeah, maybe some another time." Taehyung breathed out in a barely-there whisper as he silently dressed.

Jungkook nodded in understanding and left the room to get the rest of his things. Taehyung sighed in relief, certainly not ready to open those wounds before he's had coffee.

Taehyung was lost in thought over the day's already taxing list of events. Maybe he had been too harsh on the younger earlier. Surely he had every right to ask about how Namjoon was acting, so why had Taehyung being so gruff? Why couldn't he just tell him about it?

"Yah, you alright? You look out of it." Jungkook leaned close to Taehyung and pressed his hand onto the elder's back as he spoke. Jungkook's breath was cool against the shell of Taehyung's ear and it made him shiver.

"This unnecessary skinship is becoming quite a habit of yours." Taehyung stated as they stood off camera watching the crew prepare the last set.

"That's not what I asked you. You're deflecting Princess." Jungkook whispered lowly against his costar's skin, his fingers thumbing over the thin fabric of his t-shirt almost sensually.

"Guilty as charged. Nothing gets past the mighty Prince does it?" Taehyung admitted with a playful hint to his tone.

"Nope, nothing at all. I know something's on your mind and it's bothering you." Jungkook said and Taehyung let out a heavy sigh.

"It'll go away eventually and then I'll be fine. It always does." Taehyung cast a faraway look toward his brother who was chatting away to Seokjin.

"Anything I can do to help?" Jungkook inquired with a genuine interest in helping as best he could.

"No, Just don't hate me too much when I'm like this... I know a depressing costar isn't the best company." Taehyung replied with a sad laugh that made Jungkook's chest tighten.

"I could never hate you. Besides, I think a depressing costar is great company." Jungkook reassured Taehyung with a soft pat on his ass and a wink. The elder merely gasped and Jungkook ran off to his place on set with a smirk.

"Do you really think they slept together?" Seokjin asked in a hushed voice.

"They were in the same bed and half naked for crying out loud. I'm honestly surprised it took Jungkook this long. You know how he gets down." Yoongi replied in a quiet voice, but not quiet enough that Hoseok, who had also been watching the photo shoot, couldn't hear.

"Maybe they just cuddled. Taehyung doesn't seem like the type to have drunk sex." Seokjin theorized.

"Yeah, because he definitely needed to sleep in Jungkook's bed, with Jungkook's underwear on, to cuddle." Yoongi answered sarcastically.

"He had on his underwear?!" Seokjin exclaimed.

"Yup. The ones you got him for his birthday last year that he can't fit. He let Taehyung keep them." Yoongi said.

"Those are his favorite. He wouldn't even let me return them for a different pair and he let him have them?!" Seokjin could hardly contain his shock.

"I know. I never thought I'd see the kid part with them. He must really like him, and that's a first." Yoongi said with a bittersweet sigh as he watched the pair in question pose together.

"I can't believe it. Our Jungkook doesn't date. Who told him to grow up?! I'm not prepared!" Seokjin pouted sadly as he ranted and Yoongi chuckled.

"He's not a kid anymore. Taehyung may be good for him. Like really good." Yoongi gave Seokjin a comforting pat on the shoulder.

"I know, he's a nice guy. It's just gonna be different now. Pretty soon, he won't even want me cooking him dinner anymore. He'll ask Taehyung." Seokjin fretted with a sniffle.

"Stop being dramatic Hyung. Jungkook loves your food and he loves you too. He wouldn't do that." Yoongi said to reassure the elder.

The two were so wrapped up in the "loss of their baby" that neither noticed the seething male that had been eavesdropping on their conversation.

Hoseok was furious. Taehyung hadn't told him. They used to tell eachother everything and now, Hoseok felt like he knew Taehyung the least. He had tried his best to give the man the space that Namjoon insisted he needed, but he didn't intend on being completely forgotten.

Had Taehyung really gotten over him so easily?

Hoseok could still remember the very recent look of hurt on Taehyung's face. It was a look that he tried his best to forget. Their breakup was another scar for the chestnut haired male.. one that he would regret bestowing for years to come. But in that moment, as he stood next to Jungkook, all Hoseok could see was a smile. It was a smile that used to be reserved only for him. A smile that Hoseok had forfeited his right to receive, but still longed for.