Chapter 24: Toys

"Wait, Lisa"

Lisa stopped, and turn her head looking at her wrist being tug by her best friend.

She walks towards the girl looking confused. "What is it, Nini?" The tall girl asked.

"Where are you going?" Jennie questioned, still holding on to the latter.

"To my room have to change clothes before I leave for work. It's still early Nini you can still go back to sleep, I'll wake you up before I leave, so you wouldn't have to set your alarm." Lisa answered as she smile.

But Jennie tug her and pat the space beside her. Asking for the girl to sit down.

"Aren't you going back to sleep?" Lisa asked and sat on the bedside, facing the latter.

Jennie shook her head. Her lips pursed while intently looking at her best friend's face.

"I don't think I can still go back to sleep now. I'm already fully awake."

"I'm sorry for waking you up. Did you drink last night that you fell asleep at the couch?" Lisa asked looking worried.

"I did, but that's just a few glass of brandy." The petite girl answered as she shrug.

Lisa nods, looking at her best friend and took notice of the love bites on the girl's neck. Jennie notices Lisa's eyes wander at her body, and dropping gaze on her neck. So she quickly covered it with her hand.

"It's ok. I get it. That's unacceptable if you do not have a boyfriend you know me. But since you do so it's ok, you do not have to cover it."

Lisa said while putting Jennie's hand away from the marks.

"It's because you have a girlfriend now, that you are finally ok with it. Is that it?"

Lisa's eyes widened, she remember not telling to anyone even to her sister. So she's totally surprised how Jennie would find that out.

"Wait? How?" The tall girl questioned with furrowed brows.

Jennie snorted.

"I was just guessing, but you just confirmed it, just now."

"I've known you long enough to know how long you'll get someone to like you back. You said she's not an easy girl, but you've got her clinging at you within a week." Jennie added with a sneer.

Lisa stayed silent, wondering why she feels that Jennie doesn't like the person she's with.

"It's not about the time Nini. We shouldn't base it on the duration of being infatuated, for judging someone's personality. I know you're referring to those girls I met for a day and fucked. Then after that, we do not care about each other anymore."

Lisa paused and heave a deep sigh.

"But she's not like those. I don't see her like those girls. I'm not acting saint or anything for telling you this, I understand what you meant because just like what you said you've known me long enough, and witnessed how things works around me. But this time, it isn't like that." The tall girl added, flashing a weak smile to her best friend.

"You sounds like you're actually in love with her. You don't take anyone seriously Lisa, what makes her so special then?"

Jennie retorted as she sighed heavily, and crossed her arms. Raising an eyebrow at the tall girl.

"In love?"

Lisa's eyes narrowed.

"How can you tell I'm in love? How can you easily tell that?", Lisa muttered, her jaw clenched as she swallow a lump.