B E T H E R E

In which Taehyung reveals a wild past and Namjoon meets his match in Jungkook.

~•~

Jungkook had been staring at Taehyung the whole evening.

Something was off.

What had started out as an awkward kind-of-sorta-double-date, due to Yoongi's absence, had turned into a pleasant evening of jokes and shared smiles. All was going well in spite of Taehyung's obvious dejection. Namjoon and Jungkoook still had a clear tension between them, but they engaged in excited conversation in spite of it. The dinner guests had just finished complimenting Seokjin's famous green tea yogurt cake when Yoongi burst into the apartment.

"Hyung, SORRY! I ran into a friend and lost track of time." Yoongi quickly offered and apology, his nose red from the bitter cold.

Seokjin shook his head angrily at the flustered man as he handed him the shopping bag.

"How important was this friend that you missed dinner and didn't answer your phone?" Seokjin asked with his hands folded over his chest as Yoongi hung up his coat .

"Uh.." Yoongi wanted to tell Seokjin about Jimin, but he couldn't with everyone around.

"You have some explaining to do later, and I'm not taking no for an answer." Seokjin, who was perceptive like a hawk, said as he narrowed his eyes at a nodding Yoongi.

"Sit, I'll heat up your food." Seokjin commanded and Yoongi immediately complied much to everyone's amusement.

"I've never seen Yoongi-Hyung so complacent before." Taehyung half-giggled, half-whispered to Jungkook.

"Kim Seokjin has that effect on people." Jungkook replied back in a hushed voice.

The two gazed at each other for a beat-too-long-to-be-friendly and both Namjoon and Yoongi noted the behavior.

"Want to grab a coffee or something? There's a good cafe a block from here." Jungkook offered in a low voice that only his costar could hear.

There was a suggestiveness to his tone that left goosebumps on Taehyung's arms and made him want to do way more than get a coffee.

"Yeah, Sure."

The two stood and Jungkook addressed the elders as Taehyung retrieved their coats.

"We are going to get coffee." Jungkook stated plainly while avoiding the annoyed gaze he knew Namjoon must have been giving him.

"We have coffee here though." Seokjin said as he sat Yoongi's plate down.

"Don't worry, we aren't going far. We'll be back." Taehyung assured their Hyungs as he put his arms through the jacket Jungkook had held out for him.

"Ready?" Jungkook asked anxiously. He couldn't wait to get out of there.

Taehyung nodded and within minutes the two were off. The remaining men all shared skeptical looks with each other.

"50,000 won says they'll be dating before Christmas." Yoongi said with an enthusiastic grin.

"That's too long. I say they'll announce it after the filming is done." Seokjin waged.

"Is that a bet?" Yoongi asked with a smirk.

"You're on." Seokjin agreed with a competitive smile.

"You'll both lose, because those two would kill eachother before that happened." Namjoon grumbled.

"We will see." The other two said in unison.