Chapter 1

God! Why do I have to work so much? Why couldn't I just quit this job?

Let me introduce myself. My name is Tanvi, I'm currently 24. My height is 5'5 and I'm not fat but not thin too, I have long hazel hair that reaches below my hips. I have a brother, Sanjay, who is 11 months older than me and he's already married to my best friend, Yashvi. They're happily married. My mother hates me for some reason but I've come to terms with it over these years.

My brother is the youngest self-made billionaire. He became a billionaire at the age of 18 and was working ever since he turned 16. For my mother, I'm a disappointment.

*******************************

Four years ago:

So I've been studying at the London School of Business for my bachelor's in entrepreneurship and I've been studying with my millionaire brother, who dropped out two years later because he wanted to focus on his business and also his fiancée who happens to be my best friend. I don't usually make many friends. I also have a boyfriend and he is everything I could've asked for.

So for my fees, because my parents, more specifically my mother didn't want me to go abroad, away from my family because then I would be a spoilt brat well more like she didn't want to waste money on me, I made a deal to which my father had agreed. I would pay 75% of my fees and the other they would pay but in the third year my father stopped sending me money but I still managed to pay all of my tuition fees. Funny thing is my mother has actually been paying for my best friend. No hard feelings though, Yashvi is a sweetheart.

My brother and I also have a sour relationship. I have no idea why he stopped talking to me, and it's been 2 years since he stopped.

Speaking of my boyfriend I was reluctant at first, fearing that maybe he wasn't my caste and so I didn't even speak to him but when I found out that he is my caste I gave in, the cherry on the cake was that he was my dad's friends' son.

Funny thing, I still have to care about caste and stuff like that because my family is an orthodox family, most of the families in India are.

I had finally finished my four-year course and had my graduation tomorrow. I was the first Indian to be the university top scorer. I was happy, Yashvi was happy but the rest didn't seem to bother.

It was around 1 in the afternoon when my mother had called Yashvi. She was very engrossed in the phone call and after my mother hung up, she came towards me with a guilty look.

"We have to go back, she's called you urgently, the jet is already waiting for us, she's told you not to tell anyone about us moving back", she said while avoiding eye contact. I felt like the breath was knocked out of my lungs.

"But..."

"We only have two hours, so we better hurry up", and then she left to pack her bags.

I had to move back which meant I'll have to leave him.

Feeling guilty for not telling him and going I just thought I'll write something but every time I held the pen, I would tear up so I wrote only a few words.

I'm sorry, hope you can forgive me. I hope you move on. I stuck the note on my door and left for the airport with Yashvi. 

                      ❤️❤️❤️❤️

I had finally landed. I was in no mood to talk to anyone and Yashvi respected my decision. My mother ran towards us, well more specifically towards her future daughter-in-law and hugged her. It's not like I didn't feel anything. There was a pang in my heart but I chose to ignore it and I stared blankly at my mother.