53- Last Chapter

The tension inside the Phoenix chamber is very high, the servants are kneeling in fear. Royal doctors gather around the unconscious empress, checking her pulse. Next to the bed, the emperor is frowning, not knowing what to do. Today is such a mess, many unexpected things happened.

"What is wrong is my wife? She was healthy until this morning." Sweats are dripping on his forehead.

The royal doctors are talking to each other, confirming their finds.

"Don't worry your majesty, the empress is perfectly fine."

"This doesn't look fine to me doctor." The emperor is confused.

"This lowly servant checked her majesty's pulse and she is healthy. However, she is emotionally weak and shocked." The doctor explains.

"Hmm... she usually is not this weak." The emperor talks to himself.

A younger doctor whispers to the head doctor about something, and the head doctor immediately walks back to the bed and check the pulse again.

"Your majesty.. the empress is pregnant!"

"..."

"Congratulations your majesty!" The servants shout in unison.

"The empress is pregnant?" The emperor smiles as he feels delighted.

"Yes, your majesty."

"Give these doctors 100 golds!" The emperor is so happy that he is giving away gold.

"Thank you your majesty! May the dragon lives for 100.000 years!" The royal doctors thank him and left the room followed by all the servants. Leaving just the emperor and empress.

The sun sets and it was dark. The emperor still waiting for the empress to wake up, he even refused to eat his dinner. He is so thankful of everything that he owns. He face looks so small and peaceful, her eyelashes are long and thick, the emperor leans forward to kiss his wife, at this moment, she wakes up.

"Y-your majesty.. what are you doing?"

The emperor who is caught mid-act couldn't say anything, he moves back awkwardly.

"Mm.. nothing. Are you okay? You were unconscious."

"I feel better now.." she holds her head and tries to get up.

"Here.." the emperor helps her out and sits next to her.

"Lu Yu.." he calls her.

"Yes?"

"We will have another baby." He looks at her meaningfully. Pinching her cheek.

"Huh?"

"You are pregnant." He smiles and followed by her.

"I am?" She hold her stomach, happily.

"Yes you are." He pats her head and kiss her softly.

"Zhang Long Gege.."

"Yes, my love."

"Consort Hua.. she.. she is a victim." Her eyes begins to tear up.

"Sssh.." the emperor stops her, doesn't want to see her cry. The empress is always overthink everything.

"No, this is real.." she sobs.

"I know." He says.

"You.. know?"

"Yes, I have always known her intention. Her pain. But Lu Yu, in this world good people don't always win.."
______

The crown prince heard about the empress being pregnant. He smiles bitterly to the scroll in front of him. He quickly calls his eunuch.