Chapter 52

Lady K

Lady K

I'd spare you the details of how crazy the rest of the night went, but best believe the Richards were the first to leave the event. I mean wouldn't you, if you had just watched your fiancé kiss another lady, and tell the entire world that he loved her, at your engagement party? Oma's mother couldn't stand anymore seconds in that building. She even had to pull Oma. who had already fallen to the ground in shock, crying as hard as she could, out of the hall. The news had gone everywhere, and was on all social media platforms. It was barely an hour, and the whole world had heard about it.

The journey back home wasn't an easy one. Jeremiah had sat in the car for hours. Everything that had happened was still playing fresh in his head, especially with all that alcohol washed from his system. He bit hard on his fingernail, like he always did when he was nervous.

He could see the lights from the mansion. It was obvious everyone was in already. They were awake too. Now the alcohol was out of his system, and he was really sober, he was beginning to think if all he did was actually worth it.

He exhaled. and then placed his hand on his forehead. He had to think. He had acted really childish yet again, done something that was going to hurt a lot of people, including the one person he did it to protect, his mother.

There was no way she was going to be safe, after what he had done. There was no way he was going to get her back, after what he had just done. He had ruined everything again, he could only imagine what was going to happen the moment he walked into that building.

He knew he had to. He had to finish what he had already started, take responsibility for his actions. He reached for the car door handle, and the driver who had been standing out there all along, waiting for him to make up his mind, if he wanted to go inside or not, helped him open the door quickly.

Jeremiah got down from the car slowly, tugging his jacket. He was trying to summon a lot of courage. He took a step towards the front door when Kodi rushed out as fast as she could. She was already changed out of her purple silk dress she had worn for the gala. She hurried to him as fast, obviously with news that could save his life.

"Jerry!"
She yelled his name, hurrying to meet up with him, before he took another step in the house, or what was worse, inside it. Jeremiah stopped walking. He waited for her to get to him, she looked so nervous, so scared. He watched her look around to see if someone was watching them, before she slowly turned back to him.

"You can't come in tonight." She told him. "The entire house is still heated, Daddy is really furious. He said he was going to kill you if you came home, and you know he would. You should go sleep somewhere else for a few days, maybe at a hotel. Till he's calm at least, or he might end up sending you back to the states."

Jeremiah looked into her eyes. She had a glaring look of concern in them. She was really looking out for him. He turned back to the house, it seemed really quiet for a house that was heated.