Chapter 21: Duking it out

Special thanks to Syl who has helped me so much in my stories, you've been a great friend even though you can be annoying sometimes. Ps you are not innocent.

This is mainly just fighting. Next chapter will have have a fighting scene but more development so if you don't like action feel free to skip this because it doesn't effect the story to much but the next chap is important so he sure to read that one. Now enjoy the chapter. Be sure to get some snacks!

This is the only chapter I didn't edit, since I couldn't be bothered. Whoops sorry. > ~ <

Ara Aoki POV
I feel so nervous, right now the announcer is drawing our names from a box and choosing who we will be fighting. The arena we are fighting in is encased un a forcefield to protect the onlookers.

Ikarous reassures me that everything will be alright. I take a deep breath, okay I got this, well I hope. I hear Atherton name being called, he is battling against a student named Philip. From what I remember is that he was one of the contestants who was completed the race pretty quickly and is an honour student.

But Atherton is really powerful so he will probably win. I hear all my other friends names being called. Lily is fighting against another female. Magnus is fighting against a water magician, Ruki is battling against a magic swordsman. Alexander is fighting a beast tamer and Ikarous is fighting against a swordsman. Then there is me who is versing someone I can't even identify.

Their name is 'Ularas' but it doesn't specify what they specialise in. They are also wearing a black cloak so I can't see what they look like. This is probably another plan by Rosella and Beatrice. I look over to Rosella who is smirking. I just ignore her and leave.

The rounds are beginning. Atherton could easily evade attacks using foresight. He used ice to freeze his opponent. It was a spectacular sight to a humangous ice wall engulf his opponent. It was no small feat.

The crowd cheered loudly after the defeat of his opponent, he was no match for Atherton

The crowd cheered loudly after the defeat of his opponent, he was no match for Atherton. Uluras was literally demolished by him. I could see that he was sulking and pissed about his defeat. He left the stage and the next round continued.

Soon it was Lily's go. She put on some gloves, I could tell at first glance they weren't normal. I think you can input your magic into it to enhance your powers. She moved swiftly and evaded every move of the magician.

When she was close enough to her opponent she punched them on the stomach. It was powerful enough to make them stagger and collapse to the ground. There were cheers and murmurs un the crowd.