Break This Down

CHAPTER 29

CHAPTER 29

"There they are," Evie says as Ben and Mal walk out while waving and bowing to people. Ben then leads Mal up to the balcony, where Bree is standing with her parents.

"Lady Mal and I wanna thank you for celebrating our engagement with us today. I couldn't be prouder or happier to call you my Queen," Ben says as he looks at Mal lovingly. "So... raise your glasses. To our future Queen of Auradon."

"To our Queen of Auradon!" Everyone cheers.

"Speech, Your Special-ness," Carlos calls as he raises his glass.

"Speech, Your Fancy One," Jay calls also raising his glass, causing everyone to laugh. Mal takes a moment to look at everyone.

"I can't. I can't be Queen of Auradon," Mal says causing everyone to gasp in shock.

"Mal?" Ben asks her worriedly.

"I can't turn my back on the Isle," Mal tells him before turning back to everyone else causing Bree to smile. "We made a decision to close the barrier forever." Dizzy and the Smee twins look at each other sadly. "And it was my idea. But it's wrong. I've learned that you can't live in fear because it doesn't actually protect you from anything. You never know where the bad is gonna come from. And you never know where the heroes are gonna come from either. Without Uma, Harry, and her pirates, Auradon would be gone. And without Hades, my father..." The crowd gasps. "Audrey would be gone. We are all capable of good and bad, no matter which side of the barrier we come from." Mal turns to Ben, who is looking at her lovingly, because this is the girl he fell in love with. "And that's why I can't be Queen of just Auradon. I have to be Queen of the Isle, too. And it's time that we take the barrier down forever."

"We can't do that," Beast argues as Bree looks out at the Isle longingly.

"It's up to us, Dad," Ben tells him. Ben wraps an arm around Mal before looking out at everyone. "I choose to be a King who moves forward. It's time for forgiveness. It's time for new beginnings. It's time for love. The barrier will come down!"

"Yes!" Bree cheers causing everyone to laugh. Mal looks over at Ben in happiness.

"Bring it down, Mal," Ben tells her with a smile. Everyone starts clapping and cheering before Mal motions for Evie, Jay, and Carlos to join her. Fairy Godmother hands the magic wand to Mal as Bree stands with her brother.

"To make the world a better place..." Mal starts.

"We have to do it face to face," The VK's say together. Mal sends a spark with the magic wand making the barrier and the constant clouds disappear. A bridge appears connecting Auradon and the Isle.

"My plan. Yes!" Uma cheers as she and Harry walk out to see the bridge. Harry smiles as he imagines Bree waiting on the other side of the bridge. Mal gives the wand back to Fairy Godmother before pulling Bree to the edge of the balcony.