A moonless night

Stephan looked up at the starry night in wonder. It was a moonless night, and the stars twinkled like diamonds in the dark sky. He took a deep inhalation of breath, and tried to calm himself. Tomorrow will be a difficult day for his brother and himself, he thought, Abby will wake up, and he wasn't sure who she will give her heart to.

He could easily dig in his heart and find the truth, but he was scared to do so. What if she chose Lucious, what then? He thought miserably. Without realizing it, his fingers slipped inside the hidden pocket of his kilt, and he pulled out the yellow ribbon. He should have gifted this to her a long time ago!

Lost in his own thoughts he was, that he didn't hear his fathers light footsteps behind him, until Michael spoke. Slipping the ribbon quickly back inside his pocket, Stephan turned around to face his father.

"Tis a beautiful night tonight is." Michael said, looking up at the countless stars, and wondering if in fact it were true that if you wish upon a star your wish will come true.

'No one knows for sure father, though I have a couple of friends who would swear by it." He said, reading his fathers mind. Michael detected the reckless tone of his voice.

"Is there somehthing you would like to tell me son?" Michael asked, having an idea what was troubling him.

"Yes, I do father. Why have you never claimed my brother as yours?" He asked, turning his back to him once again, not caring that he made his father feel uncomfortable.

Michael didn't answer right away. He knew that one day this question would come up. "Its complicated son." Was all he could say.

Stephan whirled around, and faced his father, "Complicated? No father, it's not complicated, to claim your child as yours is never complicated! You did the wrong thing!" He told Michael, "you acted irresponsible, you were not man enough to claim your blood!"

Michael was speechless for the first time in his life. His son was right. Lucious was his son, and he never claimed him his. There was an ache in his heart, and he needed to make amends with Lucious, he just didn't have the balls to face his son, and tell him that he was sorry.

"Lucious is my brother father, and I love him! I want you to go to him, and claim him yours!" Stephan demanded.

Michael swallowed, and looked down at his bare feet. "I will have a talk with him tomorrow I promise." He said, embarrassed by his behavior.

"You do that, it would be the right thing to do!" Stephan told him, before he turned and walked away.

Michael sighed, asking Lucious for forgiveness will be the first step in healing their relationship. It was time he did so, deep down he loved Lucious, and needed to tell him so, but first he needed to have a talk with Kyra. She needed to know what lay in his heart.

**********

Hawk opened the door to the room where his wife and child slept, and stepped inside. Closing the door softly behind him, he removed his kilt, and walked over to the bed. He could not help the happy tears that filled his eyes, and the tightness in his heart. He loved his family more than life itself.

Sliding softly under the covers, Hawk spooned his wife's body, and wrapped his muscled arm around her waist pulling her closer to him. Then he gently pulled the baby closer to his wife. They both slept peacefully.

Hawk pressed his full lips on Nessa's shoulder, and closed his eyes. He felt blessed, and silently thanked God for blessing him with his little family. On Sunday he will go to church for the first time with his family, and he will ask the priest to marry him to Nessa. He wanted to bind her to him in every sense of the way.