40. Bad Liar

Serena

After speaking to Danny, I still hadn't really made any contact with Liam.

I also received no more messages or heard from the others, that they had been contacted by him. I could only imagine that Liam had concluded I wasn't going to see him all too soon.

I knew it was unfair of me to do this to him, since he had no idea why I was avoiding him, but I felt after everything, I was allowed my moment of selfishness.

Luckily, I now had the festive season to distract me from my thoughts and with Christmas soon approaching, I had no time to wallow within my own sadness.

***

"Are you sure?" Elias asked, as we were stood in the middle of the street, most likely looking like lost tourists.

Every year a Christmas Market was held, where the whole street is decorated with lights and ornaments, nothing short of a place where Santa would like to visit.

This year, I decided I wanted to be a part of it.

It was something I had been preparing for a while and earlier this year, before all the drama, I had already began preparing.

"Well, it seems like the best way around it," I said, scrunching up my face a little. "I've sorted out all the permits, paperwork and everything, I just need to confirm positioning and all."

I never realised that to be involved in a Christmas market, there was so much paperwork included. I honestly thought it was more of a, 'I want to participate', and the committee would be like 'okay'.

"But is this the best location?" Elias asked, his scrutinising gaze looking at the location we were at.

"Elias, I swear," I groaned, looking at him exasperated, as he returned my look with innocence. "They've given us three choices, that's more than anyone else. The Christmas market is the best thing for us, we need to decide," I told him.

The market was incredibly popular with people and especially small businesses, like mine, who wanted to gain some exposure.

One of the members of the committee had bought her wedding dress from me and so she was nice and gave me a choice of the spaces I wanted, rather than just assigning me one.

"Okay, then this one," Elias nodded, pointing to the space we were stood across from.

It was a centre space and would probably be near other popular stalls. It could help us attract more attention and more money.

"Sure?" I turned to Elias.

He'd changed his mind five times already and we had walked space to space, I couldn't be asked for him to change his mind once again.

Elias turned to me and shook his head. "No, don't ask me like that. Now I don't know," he said in a panicked voice.

I need to remember never to ask him for help to make a decision.

"Elias, you're-" I was about to go off, but was interrupted by my name being shouted.

"Serena!"

I turned to see where the very familiar voice was coming from and no sooner did I feel a little body crash into mine, causing me to stumble back a little.

I let out a little 'oomph' sound as Bea wrapped her around around my waist, hugging me tightly, as if she were afraid to let go.

I smiled down at her, stroking back her hair.