Chapter 88 | Hellish Nightmare

Orion Black. Orion Black was stood there in the doorway, leering at them with that horrible glint in his cold grey eyes as Charlus slowly pulled away from Euphemia, feeling her shake beside him whilst his own hand gripped hers tightly, squeezing it gently in an apologetic and comforting manner - if he hadn't kissed her, they wouldn't be in this predicament so it was his fault that they were now busted, his fault that their plan might be ruined.

"Isn't this romantic? Discovering my fiancée snogging another man on our wedding day!" Orion gave a twisted smile, looking disgusted as his cold, grey eyes landed on Charlus and Mia's intertwined hands. Charlus felt uncontrollable anger rise up within him at just the mere presence of Orion, remembering all of the things that he had done to the girl he loved, the girl who was now trembling in the company of her cousin.

"Orion, if you want to have all of your limbs intact for your wedding day, I'd suggest for you to walk back out that door," Charlus practically growled through gritted teeth and a gleam of a dangerous challenge shot through Orion's eyes as Euphemia felt physically sick to her stomach.

"Is that a threat, Potter?" Orion laughed shortly and Mia's grip on Charlus' hand tightened, "Flea, don't aggravate him," she whispered in a pleading tone. Charlus squeezed her hand back but, unbeknownst to Euphemia, drew his wand with his other hand, "Funnily enough, it is, yeah. I'm glad that you haven't lost all of your brain cells yet, Orion. Still a few hanging in there, eh?" he taunted.

Mia closed her eyes as she saw the change in Orion - he had only been simmering earlier but now he was bubbling over the top with anger and he advanced towards Charlus, whipping his wand out and pointing it in his face, "Don't you dare insult me, Potter. I am a Black, a respectable pure blood which is more than I can say for your traitorous family. You don't know what I'm capable of...." Orion hissed.

"Actually, I do," Charlus responded in a rather casual fashion, as if they were simply discussing the weather, "My girlfriend does tell me things, you know," he shot an innocent smile at Orion before realising that he had just referenced to Euphemia as his girlfriend, which she hadn't been for many months. All of the Orion business aside, what if she didn't want to be his girlfriend anymore? Maybe it had just been a fling?

However, one look at Mia where she was stood off to the side (Charlus had pushed her gently away from the confrontation, not wanting her to get hurt) dismissed all of his negative thoughts from the dark recesses of his mind. Euphemia had allowed a happy smile to flit across her face for a few moments, seemingly delighted momentarily that Charlus still wanted her, even after how cruel she had been.

"She broke up with you for me," Orion snapped, his knuckles whitening around his wand as his hand shook slightly with rage, "And yet you still have the audacity to saunter back in here, on MY wedding day!" his voice rose and Mia felt fear pump through every vein in her body, flowing through her bloodstream. She was reminded of all of the times Orion had raised his voice at her, of all the times of abuse that had resulted in her constant fear of her fiancée.

Before Charlus could respond with another smart remark, however, Orion slashed his wand in a diagonal movement and cut off the boy's speech, sending an invisible punch curse to his stomach and, as Charlus gasped in pain and tried to retaliate with another spell, Orion sent another curse in his direction which slammed Charlus up against the wall and made Charlus' head bang backwards, the contact with the wall sending him into an unconscious heap on the bedroom floor.

Instantly, Euphemia was hit with another wave  of fear that submerged her within its depths, making her feel like she was drowning as she attempted to rush over to her boyfriend, her fright being displayed through the sudden tears that pooled in her eyes, "Flea!" Mia cried before whirling around to face Orion, anger surging through her body and mixing with the fear, "What have you done to him?!"