🔘 Chapter 15: Transferee

"Are you sure you will be alright, Young Master?" Icarus asked Anastasius for probably the 20th time that day, and it's only 9AM in the morning!

"I've already told you many times, I will be fine." Anastasius reassured his overprotective butler with his unfading smile. He finds Icarus cute so he couldn't shake off his endeared expression even though he's getting tired getting those questions. I'm a big man now! He thinks.

They arrived in Corielle Kingdom at 6AM despite leaving Anastasius' palace at 5PM, that's how far the Corielle Kingdom is. If they travelled through ship, it would've taken them even months long. It's good that the two kingdom are allies, so upon arriving at the pier through carriage, they were able to directly travel to Corielle through a portal. The jet lag Yuu got was way more worse than what he gets in his past life though (whenever they travel from towns to provinces in an airplane for volunteer work) probably because he's still not used to the feeling of going through a portal.

Even though Anastasius is currently being assaulted with a blood pounding headache right now, he still remained smiling with composure. He was lucky that he didn't have a motion sickness, and Charles was there to keep the ride smooth as possible with his magic.

Anastasius were to enter the Academy now and Icarus is finding it hard to let his young master enter the huge school premises alone.

"But young master, what if you get lost? Or tricked? We do not know how the locals are here." Icarus pushed.

"I can save myself you know? What would I do with my 8 years of training self-protection during those times I sneaked out the palace?"

"You sneaked out of the palace?!" Icarus couldn't believe what he was hearing.

"Oops." was all Anastasius said.

Icarus sighed, defeated. It was obvious they were getting nowhere with their conversation, he knows how stubborn his young master is after all, and Anastasius is running late for his first day in the academy.

It's not like Anastasius would attend his classes immediately, he was given a day to rest first and to adjust in his new dorm room before he can attend his classes. But he will be meeting with the academy's principal for the overview of his classes first, and with the batch representative for his tour around the academy. First impression lasts so Icarus also didn't want his young master to be in a tight situation just because of his overprotectiveness.

But before he can even bid his farewell to his young master, the Crown Prince showed up from inside the academy. Everyone was gaping at him, some noble women were completely abandoning their image and just straight up squealed and swooned in his presence. The noblemen in their age looked at him with either envy or admiration.

Charles is just walking on fancy cobblestone but he made it look like he's walking on plated gold. He makes his surrounding more sophisticated, classy, and expensive, with just his appearance!

With the Crown Prince, walking towards this new transferee, everyone's attention and curiosity were suddenly piqued. Charles is known to be charming, cool, and smart. He seems kind because he's always wearing his business smile, not the Anastasius-type-of-smile though, his was more professional looking but also the type of smile heartthrobs would wear. But even though he looked like it, he never really approached anyone; it's pretty common for everyone to approach him whether it's because they want to give him presents or praise him for his achievements, but it's never him who approaches them.

So everyone's just thinking as of this moment, Who is that transferee and what is his relationship with the Crown Prince?

Charles stopped beside Anastasius, and everyone watched as this transferee flashed the cutest smile they've ever seen in their whole life. Charles returned the smile, but unlike the smile he always wear, this time his expression is filled with just pure affection.

And so everyone is just losing their marbles.

"Oh Charlie! You're here!" Anastasius greeted.

They were together in the carriage for sure, but Charles said he has some things to arrange in the academy (because he's also the student council president there) so they parted ways when the carriage stopped at the fanciest lodging house near the academy for Anastasius to rest in before he goes to school.

"Charlie?" Charles asked, with a curious expression.

"It's your new nickname! I read it in a novel last night and I thought it would suit you." Anastasius said in an excited manner.

"And who might be the character named Charlie in that novel?" Charles asked as he sneaked a hand around Anastasius' back. Silently sending a message to Icarus which reads 'Isn't it time for you to leave?'

Anastasius blushed and stuttered for a second.

"A m-magical beast."

He noticed how Charles is getting a little handsy these past few months, not like the actual skin contact, it's mostly just wrapping an arm around his back or brushing off dust on his shoulder. It's not like he hated it though, in fact, he likes it too much that he's getting a little conscious.

Charles laughed when he heard that Anastasius just basically compared him to a beast. He finds it endearing and ironic since he's indeed a beast deep inside. Even now, Anastasius' pout makes him want to curl on the ground and drown in his nosebleed. Just pounce on him like an unrestrained beast, but he won't be doing that on an impulse, consent is important and so is biding time.

"Am I being rude?" Anastasius asked, wearing a helpless expression.

"No, no, not at all." He said in between laughs.

Everyone is in shock, they've never seen the Crown Prince laugh like that. He always keeps his emotions in check, he's always so professional that it almost seems like he doesn't feel intense emotions. But right now, the sight of the Crown Prince cracking up, even if they put it up on the nation's newspaper no one would believe it.

The laughing just stopped when Icarus faked a cough to get Anastasius' attention.

"I will take my leave now, young master. Be sure to always stay on alert and keep off pesky pests around you." He said, completely poker faced while giving an intense stare on Charles' hand that is still resting on Anastasius' back.

"Bye bye Icarus! Please send me letters from your apartment, I'll send mine too!" He asked before Icarus finally left.

"Then, shall we enter the academy now?" Charles asked.

This wasn't on the original plot of the story... In fact, when Anastasius entered the academy, he tripped on a cobblestone which earned him a snicker from the noblemen and women around him. Charles never escorted anyone like this, not even the heroine, because when she entered the academy, they still didn't know each other. I obviously changed a lot of things, but... how sure am I that this will lead me to a better ending?

"Anastasius, hey, you can tell me if you're tired." Charles said with the gentlest tone, he's concerned because Anastasius was wearing a disturbed expression.

Immediately, though, it was replaced with a bright smile.

"There's nothing wrong! I may be just overthinking some things."

--
Author's Note:

Probably the last chapter for this year guys💞 I hope you enjoyed this chapter well even though nothing much really happened :<

But definitely this one is longer than the previous chapters I've published this month so teehee hope I can get away with that ;)

LOVE 'YA GUYS! XOXO