Chapter 36 (Rewritten)

You watched everyone clean out the small cabin you were all staying in. You helped as much as you could, but you couldn't help but get distracted by your..changing body. 

For some reason, strange things are happening to your body. For starters, you tried to fit into your casual clothes, but they barely fit you, especially around your chest. Your hair also grew longer. 

Not to mention your appetite was growing, you always seemed hunger. You worried you're starting to become like Sasha. 

But you quickly learned that you were going through puberty. Which explains a lot as you did hear from your grandma that you were a late bloomer. 

You looked around the room to find everyone hustling about. And by everyone, you meant Connie and Eren. The others haven't returned yet. 

It's been a few weeks since Bertholdt and Reiner's attack. Levi got some new squad members, which consisted of Armin, Mikasa, Jean, Connie, Sasha, and Historia. 

You were pretty happy about that because that meant you were closer with your friends, but that didn't fill in the deep hole of grief you had for your old squad. 

Speaking of the incident, your arm was still recovering from the burns you got from Bertholdt. It still hurt to move your arm in certain way, so you had it wrapped and braced for the time being. But compared to your burns, it wasn't compared to what the commander went through. 

From what you've heard from Connie, Erwin got his arm bitten off during the Reiner and Bertholdt incident. If your arm didn't grow back, you would have been missing arm buddies. Maybe he won't feel so much of a burden anymore. 

Your thoughts were interrupted by loud voices and footsteps approaching the cabin. Looks like they're back. 

You quickly got up from where you were sitting and went to go greet them. 

"Hey! Did you guys at least wipe the mud off your feet before you came in!?" Eren yelled. 

"Huh? Are you kidding me? Do you not see all the stuff we're carrying?" Jean asked. 

Oh boy...

"You idiot. Do you really think an excuse like is going to play with Captain Levi! I had to make your bed for you and now you pull this crap!?"

Jean growled and snapped back. 

"Oh shut it! Who are you, my mom now!?"

You heard more footsteps come in and looked to find Mikasa and Historia had return. Historia looking gloomy as ever. Ever since Ymir disappeared, she's never been the same for a while. 

"We're back," Mikasa called. They were carrying logs of wood. 

"Wait, you were chopping firewood?" Armin asked. 

"Got to stay in shape somehow," she replied. 

"You got grabbed by a titan! You should be recovering!"

"I think you're just wasting your breath, I saw her to sit-ups earlier too," Eren mumbled. But Jean and you heard that clear. 

"Oh, so now you're a nag and a spy!?"

"How the hell is that spying!?"

You decided to ignore their bickering and walk over to where the rest were standing. Your stomach growled hungrily at the potatoes and bread we were rationing, but you brushed your hunger off. 

Sasha, on the other hand, gave in to her craving. But she was caught red-headed just as she grabbed it and quickly shoved into her bag. 

"Sasha...what did you just shove into your bag?" Armin asked.