Chapter 2

(Rey's POV)
I woke up in Bens arms. He was really warm and radiated a lot of heat. Reaching up I went to feel his forehead. He was burning up, and fast. I tried to wake him but he was unresponsive.

"I NEED A MED DROID STAT," I screamed into the hallway. I felt tears begin to fall from my face. When did I become so emotional? A med droid rolled into the room and started some sort of IV. Another droid entered the room and ushered me out, separating Ben and I.

"Hey Rey! Are you ready for today?" A very cheerful Rose said. I laughed and gave her a hug. She was incredible for trying to save Finn and I respect her for that.

"Ben will be okay," she said smiling at me. I nodded my head and gave her a small smile. Rose began to shift uncomfortably.

"Rey, the General wants to see you."

"But I thought Leia was dead," I said confused. Rose looked down and shook her head.

"Yes, Leia is gone. She died in peace. But, Poe was second in command. So he is our boss now and be careful, he is still mad at you for damaging BB-8," Rose said laughing.

"Hey, he may be mad but BB-8 wasn't the one complaining when he went out with Leia and I to train," I said rolling my eyes.

"Well you don't want to upset Dameron," Rose said while barely being able to control her laughter. I nodded my head in agreement and the two of us set off to find Poe.

When we found Poe he was angry. And I mean angry. I thought Ben had a bad temper but Poe had completely lost it. He destroyed his quarters with a blaster. Everything has blaster marks and Poe was  a wreck. He was pacing back and forth, running his hands through his hair.

  "Screw you, Rey. YOU HAVE ENDANGERED EVERYONE BY BRINGING YOUR BOYFRIEND HERE!"

I looked confused. "How did I endanger everyone? Kylo Ren is gone. He came back to the light and-"

"Shut up. He is being tracked. Rey, if you suffered at the hands of Kylo Ren, would you want him dead?"

"I mean-"

"Rey, there has been a bounty placed on Bens head. 4,000 credits to be exact," Poe said looking down at the floor. Rose gasped and I was frozen. 4,000 credits was enough to make a poor man rich and a rich man richer.

"Who placed the bounty on his head? I can kill them," I said feeling anger boil inside of me.

"No one you can defeat. It's a bunch of people. You would be shocked how many people hate your boyfriend."

  "He isn't my boyfriend, Poe."

"Okay, keep on lying to yourself miss "I fell asleep in his arms and he kissed me goodnight." Poe laughed at his own humor and sat down. "Go change, you have to announce that Palpatine is dead."

I nodded my head and left. Rose didn't follow me, thank the maker. I needed to be alone. I ran to my quarters and shut the door. Breathing heavily I went and showered and watched at the reddish water just roll down my body. Ben. He was being hunted. He could get killed and I would lose him. Ben needed to get better, and fast. I couldn't put the Resistance in danger. After getting out of the shower I put on clean clothes and did my hair.

It was time.

- - -
(Bens POV)

I couldn't breathe. Well, I could. It just hurt. All I knew was that I was in the medical ward and sick. I also knew that a droid was assigned to me and that the droid would stick me with needles every time I tried to talk. For the love of the force, I hate droids.

All I wanted was Rey, but I dared to say dared to say anything. I swear that every time I tried talking, that damn needle got bigger. Fortunately, I was given a holo pad by the droid so I wouldn't be bored. Mostly it was just a scandals in the galaxy. And diplomats making a fool of themselves.
And Rey. She was delivering a speech today. The title read "The Last Jedi Rey Palpatine To Give Speech."

Well word that Rey was a Palpatine spread faster than I thought it would.

I clicked the link and there she was. She was beautiful. Rey was wearing a silver and white tunic. Her hair was the same three buns and her facial expressions showed determination and love. She was talking but I could barely understand what she was saying. I just needed her. I wanted her. I longed for her presence. I needed Rey with me. She was my strength.

"With Palpatine dead, we must look towards the future. Our galaxy is now safe with the eradication of the First Order and with the Final Order gone, our galaxy is the safer it's been in generations. A new form of government is in its way and planets that have suffered under the regime of the First Order will be compensated for their losses."

She was a natural leader. She spoke with a clear voice and showed determination. It was amazing, just like her.

"The Resistance is no more. There is no need anymore. But we will continue to build an army in the case of another threat that poses to divide and harm our galaxy. I also have to announce the passing of our beloved General. General Leia Oragana passed away before the final battle on Exegol. She died peacefully and is now one with the force."

I couldn't hear any more. I turned off the holo pad and stared at the metal ceiling. She died because of me. I was the reason that she wasn't there alive and I was the reason for her many sleepless nights.

I was a mistake.