Chapter Nineteen: Confrontation of Aurors

Grief, no matter how you try to cater to its wail, has a way of fading away

― V.C. Andrews

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Albus strides over to my side and grips me in a one-sided hug. "Valentine!?" He demands, and I look at my cousin.

"Hi, cousin!" I quip, and he sighs.

"Honesty, child. You could've been killed!" He demands. "Mr. Riddle?" Albus seemed confused at Tom's presence.

He makes his way to grab Tom's shoulder, looking at him from head to toe. "Are you two, alright?" He questions, eyes crinkling in worry. He grabs my own shoulder.

"Yes, professor. We are perfectly all right." Tom replies, voice cool and his demeanour cautious.

Albus looks between us and then notices the girl in my arms. "Valentine!? What happened?" He demands and then pauses, noticing her eyes. "Impossible," Albus whispers and lifts the girl from my hands.

"Grindelwald has a daughter." Albus murmurs and I look up to see him staring at the child in utter and raw agony.

"I'm so sorry, Albus." I murmur to my cousin. Albus shoots me a pained smile, giving my cheek a fond and loving tap. Tom was staring at Albus with disgusted and wary eyes. I don't think he imagined the great Albus Dumbledore to be in pain because of something as fickle as love. He had his arms crossed and looked like he wanted to be anywhere but here.

"No. No. No need for apologies. Besides, there are more prudent matters to attend to. Such as the fact that yourself and Mr. Riddle faced Gellert Grindelwald and survived." He eyes the pair of us, with unbelieving eyes.

The Aurors walk up to us, and a man with chestnut hair and kind hazel eyes looks at us, face crinkled in disbelief. "These are children Albus." The Auror implies.

"Yes, I'm very much aware that my students are children; thank you for that observation Mr.Bones." Albus states and the man gives him a haughty look.