Epilogue

.:Author's Note:.

Please excuse any mistakes. This is unedited.

A portion of the poem, "Cornerstones" by peppercma was used at the near end of this chapter.

***

One Year Later

Jonathan's POV:

I woke up to soft giggling.

Groaning tiredly, I peeked one eye open to find my girls smiling brightly as they hovered over me.

"Good morning, Daddy!" They voiced simultaneously, making me grunt a bit at how energized they sounded. It's too early...

"Good morning, loves," I greeted before realizing that Winston wasn't in bed beside me. "What time is it?"

"It's eleven o'clock," Alyssa answered.

"Bubba said we should wake you up for breakfast," April continued. I groaned lowly before sitting up to stretch out my limbs, honestly not ready to get out of the bed just yet. The sheets beside me were cold, letting me know that Winston, on the other hand, had been up for a while.

"Did you three wake up early this morning?"

"We did," my husband answered from the doorway, drawing my attention to him. "Nine o'clock to be exact."

"Why didn't you wake me then?"

"You came home late from your work party last night," he shrugged before he walked over to our bed and crawled between our girls so that all three of them were staring into my unwashed face. "You didn't need to get up so early on a Sunday."

"And you three did?"

"We did," my husband smirked before leaning in to give me a quick kiss. "Good morning, handsome."

"Good morning, sweetness," I grinned deviously, but then I remembered that we had company. "I hear breakfast is waiting for me."

"It is, Daddy," Alyssa said excitedly. "Bubba let me and Pilly make it."

"Well, I can't wait to try it. Let me brush my teeth and wash my face first."

"Okay, Daddy! We're going to get everything set up."

I chuckled lowly as April and Alyssa hurried out of our room. Winston was going to do the same, but I grabbed him before he could leave, smirking a little when he yelped in surprised as I flipped us over so that he was underneath me.

"Jonathan, your daughters are waiting for you in the kitchen," Winston laughed, having no real fight in his tone for me to stop whatever I was planning.

"Our daughters," I corrected him instinctively before connecting our lips together for a deeper kiss compared to the one he had given me just moments ago. He melted immediately against me and wrapped his arms around my neck, pulling me closer. I grunted lowly in my throat as our hardness pressed together. Moving my hips slightly caused a needy sound from Winston to slip into my mouth that had my pulse quickening.

Unfortunately, I didn't get to slip my hand into the waistband of his sweatpants like I had intended to. One of our girls came bursting back into our room, forcing me to pull away from his lips with a displeased groan.

"Daddy, are you coming?!"

"I was just about to," I muttered lowly, making Winston snort despite slapping my shoulder for being inappropriate. "Yes, April, I'll be out in a second."

"Okay! Bubba, will you take down the plastic flutes for us?"

"Of course, angel," my husband answered with a grin as he gently pressed against my chest so that I would roll off of him. I sighed as I fell at his side before watching as he stood from our bed and took April's outstretched hand. Sparing me a glance, he smirked as his eyes roamed my exposed chest before his gaze locked with mine. "Don't make us wait too long."